Chapter 27

Author's note;

I told you it will be soon for the next chapter. Again, I am so sorry that I made you all wait for this story. I hold these two chapters help will I get to the ending. I got a couple of more twists before we say goodbye to our heroes for the time being. Thank you for your support, and as always, Ta Ta, For Now, my lovelies.

Unedited.

Hiccups POV:

A sense of relief washed over me as I watched this beautiful woman standing yards away from me across the small clearing.

"Hiccup?" I heard her gasp, dropping her sword in the grass. She drew off her hood, allowing her hair to flow delicately around her shoulders.

"Yeah, it's me,"I breathed loud enough for her to hear me. She picked up her dress and ran towards me. Dropping my cane as I expanded my arms out as she gingerly jumped into my embrace.

"Oh, Hiccup!" She cried somberly, wrapping her arms around my neck. Cradling her shaking body, feeling tears dampen my shoulder as she and I laughed and cried, holding tight onto one another. This all felt like a dream. Could she really be here? Can this really be real?

Ignoring all the questions and the stinging pain in my side, I refused to let her go. Taking in the floral scent in her hair. Gripping my fingers through her soft, tangled locks. Feeling our hearts beat to the same rhythm, she was all that mattered in this moment. She was alive and free from that Monsters clutches.

Pulling away, cradling her head in my hands as tears brimming in her angelic blue eyes. Her lips blushed a mystical glow, I couldn't hold back anymore.

Cupping the back of her head, as she rested her small hands on my chest. Every fiber of my being was calling me out to this woman.

"Hiccup," she whispered softly.

Leaning my head towards her's, she met me the rest of the way, pressing her lips to mine.

We kissed. At first, it was slow, almost shakily, but grew more hungry. Pressing her body close to mine, cradling her head and waist. Her arms wrapped around me, gripping my sides as she helped support herself. Her hand met my wound.

"Gah,"I groaned sharply, reluctantly pulling away.

"What's wrong?" She asked alarmed, examining where her hand was placed previously on my waist.

"Its nothing," I lied, taking a step back, but gripped her hands in mine.

"It's not 'nothing', you're hurt," she stated almost angerly, coaching me to sit in the grass below our feet. "Is this where Eret stabbed you? How are you still alive?" She asked nearly a mile a second. Taking her hand in mine, softly, I kissed her fingertips, feeling her cold skin against my lips, seeing her blush vibrantly. 

"Yes, but he only did that to save my life," I began, seeing the confusion on her face. "Eret overheard Drago talking to one of his men that once you agreed to his proposal, he'd have me killed. Eret couldn't expose his plan without getting himself killed in the process. So he merely wounded me enough to make it look like the job was done to spare my life," I explained, seeing the light of realization spark in her eyes.

"I knew he couldn't have killed you," she sighed in relief, gingerly resting her hand near my wound, careful not to touch the spot. "When I talked to him, he sounded as if he had so much respect for you, I couldn't believe that he was capable of killing you," she admitted. Her eyes locked onto mine, seeing a blush creep across her face. I couldn't help but smile.

Moving my other arm to behind her back, Lying back on the grass, pulling her close to me. Guiding her next to me, she laid on her side, resting her free hand on my chest.