Chapter 25

Author's Note;

Unedited. I'm sorry it has taken me awhile to update. I hope you like this chapter.

Enjoy! 

Merida's POV;

Mother left my room after the men had left. She didn't want to leave, but she needed to talk to my Father about our situation. In the meantime, Maudy helped me put on the dress. Reluctantly, I wore my corset, she tightened it as far as it could go to give me the smallest waist possible, showing off my curves to my future husband.

Depression consumed me. I hate the thought that I was to marry that monster. I remember a simpler time when I only had to choose between three boys who didn't want to be there anymore then I did. Now I'm trapped in an engagement with a murderous creep.

Dealing with my self-loathing, Maudy made sure that everything that was provided for me was on and in place.

Putting on Drago's earasaid in his colors over the petticoat and white dress; Maudy placed my Clans Tartan over my shoulder like a sash, strapping it to my hip to the petty coat. Next, Maudy wanted to work on my hair, to make it less "unruly" as she put it. Refusing, informing her that I needed a minute to process everything that was happening. Sending her away, I sat on my mattress as my dress flurried around me. The fabric was thick and heavy with many layers. I knew that if I tried to escape, I would be to slow.

This was all intentional. He planned this so I wouldn't run. Giving me a heavy petticoat and earasaid, it made it more difficult for me to fight my way out.

Getting up, attempting to walk in this monstrosity, I examined myself in the full-length mirror that was placed next to my wardrobe.

Standing in front of the reflective surface, who I saw wasn't me. This woman was dressed in something that should bring joy. A white, off the shoulder three-quarter sleeve gown, had hugged my curves but flared out like a rose in bloom, covering my feet. Seeing the colors of two different Clans merged symbolically on the bride's gown. But she was sad. Her eyes looked tired and hollow where a spark should be. 

A woman on her wedding day should not look so dead. But then again, a woman shouldn't be forced to marry someone who had her real Love killed! 

Grabbing the side of the mirror, throwing on the ground as glass shatter all over the floor. Hearing the glass break, I screamed as loud as I could. Dropping to my knees, anger rose up inside me.

No tears fell as my body shook. My heart was so torn at what events were about to unfold.

Here I sat on my cold floor, wearing a wedding dress for a man I despise. My Kingdom on the brink of ruin and war was among us. Yet here I sit, loathing in self-worth, as raging anger filled my soul with twisting hollowness of sorrow. My emotion felt so out of control.

Eyeing my sword that I had placed under my bed, hidden from my Mother. Taking it out, feeling the weight of it as I held it out. Gripping the base of the handle, I swung the blade against my bedpost. 

Repeating the process, feeling my frustrations slowly exit out of me as it turned to exhaustion. At least I can swing a sword in this dress, to which, gave me a comforting thought. 

If I am unable to run, at least I can still fight.

"She's not ready!" someone shouted from outside my door. Hearing a commotion approach closer to my room. 

"Out of our way!" A man yelled, hearing something solid slammed against the wall. Did someone push someone? Is Maudy alright?

Arming my sword towards the door, it swung open, slamming against the wall behind it.