Chapter 28

Author's Note;

This is unedited. Enjoy

Merida's POV;

With Hiccup's guidance, we made it to the battlefield. It was closer to my home then I thought. Nearing the Port, not too far from our lands cliffs is where the battle commenced, inching towards my home.

As we hovered over, I thought I could hear cheers roar from down below. Hiccup and I bot leaned over to see our people recognize Toothless from the skies. I don't think they could tell that it was us from this hight, but it seemed to give everyone on our side hope. Hope that I pray will help us succeed.

"Where should we land?" I asked over the wind. Glancing over my shoulder, Hiccup just simply held onto my waist, gently guiding me to lean. With that, he used his "foot" to steer Toothless and I just over the battle to a small opening near the trees.

Landing, He and I hopped off, reading our swords as we immediately ran head first into the battle. 

Hearing battle cries, and clanging medal from colliding weapons. Fire from dragons on either side rain over our heads. This war was getting brutal. It needs to stop!

"Merida!" I heard Hiccup shout, Turning around, I saw an assailant heading straight for me. Digging my blade in the dirt, I flung the rocky soil in his eyes then spun around, slicing its edge on his hand. Severing it cleanly from his wrist.

"I got your back!" I shouted back at Hiccup, running towards him. With our backs against each other, he covered one another, guarding each other as our enemies began to surround us.

"When I say 'duck', drop to the ground," He suggested firmly. Nodding, I readied my stance. More began to surround us.

"Duck!"

I dropped to the ground just had he spun his blade over my head, dispersing a thick green smoke overhead. It surrounded the others.

Dropping over me, Hiccups shielded me with his body as I stayed down in the grass. Then at a press of a button, fire swallowed the smoke and exploded, knocking everyone back.

"Let's go," he ordered, taking my head, we ran towards the cliffs.

"Where are we going?" I asked, daring a look behind me. Seeing nearly singed people scattered across the field. What did he use, and where can we get more?

"I saw your dad just up ahead with your brothers," he began, not looking back when he said it. His hand gripped tighter around mine as we kept our pace with one another. 

"What?" I gasped, searching frantically in where he saw them.

"I saw Drago there to while we were in the skies," he clarified. Without saying another word we ran full speed, never letting go of each other's hand as we dodged potential assailants.

"Your Majesty!" Hiccups called out, getting Dad's attention.

"Merida?!" He shrilled in a panic, seeing me tailing our Viking counterpart.

  "Daddy!" I cried, releasing Hiccups hand to jump into my Father's arms.  

"Oh, my precious daughter" he gasped, cradling my small body in his large frame.After a short moment, we released and brought our attention back to the battle at hand.

"My boy, how are you still alive?" Dad asked Hiccup, stunned to see the man I informed him to be dead, upright and fighting.

"It's a long story, Sir, One I would like to explain later. let's just say that certain allies of Drogo, didn't want me dead."