Chapter 11

Author's Note;

Unedited Chapter update

I'm sorry. Life has gotten me away from this story, as well as writers block. I hope this really long chapter makes up for it in some way. I'm trying to stay constant in this story but i cant. Please bare with my on this adventure and i hope that i can make you happy with this Story. Enjoy, ta ta for now

Merida's POV;

The whole Viking group froze once Hiccup had said that name. What was it, Drago Bludvist? Why were they so frightened by him? What did he do?

"Hiccup,"I asked softly, keeping my hand on his shoulder. Blair shifted uncomfortably in his arms, seeing that he was starting to grip tighter on the little baby's body while he was deep in thought.

"Hiccup, you're squishing him," I scolded quietly. Realizing this, he snapped out of his trance and gently stroked Blair's little head in apology. 

"Who's that man?" my mother asked strongly. "What should we do?"

"I still think it would be best for Ug and Horex to head back to Berk and wait for my signal, just in case if we need to strike. Everyone else will stay here and help stand guard. He knows me. I can't let him see any one of us until I know what is going on. If at all possible, you need to stay calm and see what this guy wants, but be careful your Majesty," he informed my mother.

"Alright," she cleared her throat. "Everyone, take your positions and get inside. We'll meet in the dining hall till we're summoned," she orders. Still confused, two of the Vikings took off back home while the rest of us swiftly headed back inside. Harris took Blair from Hiccup and followed me into my room to stash the babies in they're crate for their safety.

Meeting everyone back in the dining hall, we waited for Drago to arrive. 

"You, your men and your Mother can hide in the armory. It's next to the throne room so you can hear everything that's going on and step in if needed. But until then, just stay silent." Mother ordered firmly, everyone nodded in agreement.

"Hubert, you and Merida sit with me in the throne room. Hamish and Harris, keep next to me but stay on guard," she ordered. About to ask Hiccup what he thinks I should do, a voice called for my Mother in the hallway.

A guardsman burst through the dining doors. "Ma'am!" He huffed tiredly. "A ship had just arrived, somethings wrong."

Hearing the panic in his voice, my blood ran cold. Hiccup's hand found mind as he gave my fingers a gentle squeeze.

"Alright, tell them to meet me in the throne room. Do Not Inform Anyone About Our Guest. That must stay with us," she informed the guardsmen harshly. He flinched, as she doesn't usually use that kind of tone unless she scolding the boys.

He nodded nervously and ran out the door.

With that, we all left. Quickly getting into our positions in the throne room. Just before we went into our separate rooms, I pulled Hiccup aside. Nearly throwing him against the wall as a result.

"Merida? What the heck?!" he hollered, stunned by my sudden reaction.

"Before we go you go in there, I want to know what we're getting into. How malicious is this guy? Do we need to worry?" I asked, keeping my hand placed firmly on his shoulder.

Looking into my eyes, feeling his chest rise and fall as he inhaled and exhaled to the thoughts of his next chosen words. A cold feeling of dread crept over me.

"He's dangerous, Merida," he began slowly, feeling the tension rise between us. "A ruthless man who won't stop till he gets what he wants, even kill if it suits him. I just want you to stay on guard, but please be careful. There is no telling what he is capable of doing now. He lost everything when he and I fought last time. I actually thought he died in that battle."