Chapter 34

Merida's POV;

Seeing my dragons flying on their own beside Hiccup and I had brought me so much pride.
After everything that has happened. After everything that we had been through. Seeing my dragons now. Growing, thriving as we reach our new destination. I have never felt more proud, then if they we're my own children.
This man, who sat behind me as we rode had brought new meaning to my life.
My life before was happy, striking and strong. I lived a a life of happiness and adventure.
But Hiccup. Hiccup had given me new life. A new adventure. Of one that gave me a since of secured bliss.
From the moment I saw this man, I knew my life would never be the same.
Given, I wasn't expecting the bloodlust maniac that tried to take over my kingdom. But if it wasn't for Hiccup, we may not have pulled out of this ordeal alive.
I was willing to sacrifice myself in order to protect my family. And after I though he had died by Eret's hands, apart of me shattered. A part of me that cut deeper then a family bond.
It was as if my very soul had been ripped out of my very beinging.
I knew then that what Hiccup and I shared was real. What we have is love.

"Your ready to see Berk, My Princess?" I heard Hiccup sooth in my ear, feeling the weight of his chin rest on my shoulder.
Thankful that I faced forward, feeling my cheeks warm from his alluring tone.
"Lead the way, my Chief," I stated softly., Looking over my shoulder to meet his gaze.
He gave me a subtle wink, reaching around my waist to grip the reins from my hands.
Blushing, feeling the warms of his fingers intertwined with mine, he kept his head on my shoulder as we rode on to Berk. With Blair and Kerr flying strongly beside us.

Hiccups POV;

We had begun our decent to Berk. The roar of all the Vikings who had stayed and returned had begun to cheer for our arrival. Noticing the King and the three Princes relishing over the admiration.
Merida, on the other hand, stayed poised at my side. Waving happily every now and then.
Landing, Blair and Kerr gently perched on top of Toothless' head. Getting off first, taking Merida's hand in mine, she graceful slid off Toothless' back, leaving the babies on his head. Though fortunately, he didn't seem to mind.
Swiftly, the massive party circled us. Greeting the DunBroch family and asking millions of questions in what had happened.
"Alright, alright!" I began my speech, calling out above the crowd with my hands up over my head, as if I surrendering to the masses. "We will answer what ever questions you like answered, but for now, I'd want to introduce you all to our new allegiance, and Friends," I began, signaling for the Royal Family to stand beside me.
Approaching me, I was not surrounded by the remaining Royal's who had joined me on this venture.
"I give you, His Majesty, King Fergus of DunBroch. And his Children, Prince Hubert, Hamish and Harris." I introduce, holding out a hand to signify each individual member.
Falling my gaze on to the Princess, noticing her infatuation towards all of my fellow people. She looked so confident as she stood before everyone. "And his Daughter, Princess Merida," I stated almost admiring her present.
Trying to remain composed, I'm sure someone had notice affection for her. I have to keep it somewhat professional. At least I had made my report.
"So, if it's alright with you. I would like for us to have a feast in honor of our guests and our Victory over Dragons!" I stated loudly, Throwing up a triumphant fist in the air. The crowd cheered happily at my offer and began scattering for the preparations.
Feeling Merida's hand slip out of mine, forgetting that I was holding her hand during the entire introduction. So much staying professional.

The evening wore on. Seeing the family mingle amounts my people while the meat roasted on a spit over an open fire.
Sounds of laughter filled the air as Dragons be to land to join in on our ceremony.
After I met with my counsel over what had happened in DunBroch with Drago and his followers.
Finding Merida, she was standing next to my mother, Fishlegs and few Viking and children. She seemed so happy as she became more acquainted with everyone.