Chapter 21

Unedited. I didn't proofread this yet. I'm sorry. I hope it doesn't sound too terrible. Bare with me, but please enjoy this none the less. Ta ta for now. 

OH! WARNING!!:

This part gets a bit adult. I apologize to any of my younger readers. There is a slight assault scene (not too terrible but I still feel the need to let you all know ahead of time)

Merida's POV:

Harris and I were guarded inside a tent in the center of Drago's camp. I thought Harris had escaped, but I was wrong. He didn't get past the forest. He was able to hide but not before getting spotted by one of Drago's men and brought back here.

Depression swallowed me as I glanced over towards my little brother. watching as he just stared down at the dirt beneath his feet, unable to do anything but kick the dirt under his boot. He looks as defeated as I felt.

"Harris," I spoke slowly. Seeing his reluctance, he looked over at me. "I'm so sorry," I began, he looked at me with sad confusion.

"Why are you sorry?" he breathed, shifting himself in his shackles. Like me, he was tied to a post, arms chained instead of tied with a cloth behind our backs. He stood next to me but was parted about a meter away from me.

"Because I couldn't get you out of here. I figured that I would get caught, but with you out, you could be free to warn the others."

"But I failed," he stated silently, sighing in despair.

"But we can still win this," I said with encouragement, seeing him look over at me with sad eyes. "I informed our brothers about my plan. If one or both of us do not return before sundown, they will tell Hiccup and his Clan about my plan. You may not have gotten away last time, but we can still get out of this."

"And my life is in the hands of the 'dynamic duo'? I feel safer already," he gasped sarcastically with a heavy sigh.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked with concern. His eyes averted mine.

"Like you never notice it before," he sighed sadly, still not looking at me but keeping his eyes towards his feet. "I'm the youngest, Mer. I'm always the one being dragged into doing something that those idiots planned and I end up getting caught. How can I be confident in this kind of situation when my life is literally in they're hands. If we get rescued, its because they did this for you, not me."

"Don't ye dare say such things!" I snapped. His startled expression looked towards me with wide eyes. "Don't put yourself down like that or speak ill of your Brothers. After you were captured, yes they ran, but they ran to get help. They told me everything that had happened and they were so adamant about getting you back that they were heartbroken when Hiccup and I had confined them to their room. To not do anything while I came up with a plan to get you back. None of us could lose you. Yes, you are the youngest, but out of your brothers, you are the brains and heart of you three. Hubert is a born leader and headstrong and Hamish is organized and kind, but you are entirely special. Don't give into doubt in who you truly are. You are a smart Lad and braver then you know, but you are Harris none the less; a Prince of DuBroch!"

His eyes widened, shinning his blue eyes a starlight gaze, his cheeks blushed softly as he was at a loss for words.

"Merida," he breathed.

The curtains to our tent have been pushed aside and men quickly entered our confined tent.

"What is the meaning of this?!" I snapped, fighting in my ropes. The men said nothing as they entered in one by one. A total of four men stepped inside as the curtain was opened once again to see another figure walk in.