Chapter 19

Author's Note;

Unedited, hope you all like it. I apologize for the long wait. I was transferring this for one of my journals and I'm not a fast typer when I'm copying from something.

Merida's POV;

Heading up the stairs. Avoiding my parent and wandering eyes, making my way to the Boy's room.

Standing by the door, hearing a soft commotion inside, at least they listened and stayed in their room.

Knocking first, I entered the room. Seeing the boys sitting on each other their beds. Their conversation stopped in mid-sentence as soon as I entered the room.

"What? Come to yell at us some more?" Hubert spat at me in a harsh tone.

"You keep up that attitude with me, then my yelling will be the least of your worries," I retorted back. Both Hubert and Hamish flinched at my threat. Closing the door behind me, taking a step closer so no wandering ears from the outside could hear me. "I need to talk to you Boy's," I started, seeing the confusion on their faces.

"About what?" Hamish asked sheepishly.

"I need you to tell me everything that you know about the campgrounds and when was the best time to get past our guards to reach his camp," I answered sternly.

"What? Why so you can tell your Chief what we did so you can heighten the security and keep us locked up?" Hubert lashed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No, I need to know so I can sneak into Drago's camp and get our little Brother back." Their eyes nearly bugged out of their heads.

"You!?" They gasped in unison.

"Did I stutter? Yes me," I stated harshly.

"If you go, then so am I!" Hubert stood up, taking a strong stance in front of me.

"Absolutely Not!" I snapped, seeing both of them flinched. "It's because of you that Harris was taken in the first place! No, I will go and get Harris back. Drago is expecting an army or a team to retrieve him, not a single person. I can easily sneak in and get Harris back before sundown."

"And what makes you think that you can just waltz into Drago's camp and take Harris back? Don't you remember how we failed!" Hubert emphasized.

"One; I won't 'waltz' into his camp and Two; I've been training with our Father and our guards since before you three were even born. I have more stealth, aim and more of a fighter than all of you combined! I don't want to see anyone else get hurt. So as future Queen of DunBroch, It is my duty to see that our family stays safe. With me inside, I can truly help our people."

"But Mer, what would Mom and Dad, or even the Chief do if you got taken or killed while you are behind the enemy lines?" Hamish interrogates softly.

"I won't, but if I'm not back just before nightfall, go ahead and tell Hiccup about my mission, but it shouldn't come to that," I said, trying to sound reassuring to them. They both fell silent.

"So are you going on your mission in that dress? It kind of stands out," Hubert added. Looking down at my satin teal dress, he was right. I can't go out like this, I would be spotted for sure.

"Here," Hamish chimed, turning to his wardrobe. Rummaging through it, he pulled out a dark green tunic and a pair of black trousers. "These are a little big for me. You can wear this with your cloak, you should be fine with this."

"Thank you, Hamish," I said honestly, taking the clothes from him. "Now will you tell me about what you boys know about the camp?"

They nodded in unison.