Chapter 6: Can I have this Night?

Chapter 6

Amanda

It's only been two days and I felt like I've known Daniel for a very long time. He's been calling me every night and texting some funny jokes to me. We go together to our classes sometimes whenever we have the same schedule. I was walking along the corridor and noticed him in front of his locker.

"Hey, there Bear." He said. He's been calling me that since the first nights he called me but he asked permission if he could call me that and I agreed to it. And I also called him something......

"Hey, Spanky." Since our lockers are opposite from each other I was turning my back at him. He walk towards me and leaned against the locker beside mine.

"Why did you decide to call me that?" He asked.

"No reason. I just like it." I chuckled. To be honest, it's the name of my dog and I don't wanna say it to him because maybe he'd feel offended so I'd rather not.

"O..okay... so I'll see after class?" He said. I almost forgot, I will have dinner with Daniel tonight since he invited me and he said it was again for the friendship I'd given him and he just wanna hang out with me.

"Uhm..yeah..of course.." I said it with a smile and walked. He then walked beside because we had the same classes in the afternoon. We saw Ryan Hunter and his friends Chase and Liam Thompson, the other new guy.

"See you guys at the party tomorrow night." Ryan said while he patted Daniel on his left shoulder. He then smiled at us.

"Yeah...we will" Daniel answered then we continued to go to our class.

"I see that you have friends already" I said quite sad about it but anyway his just my friend and he needs to have some male friends, of course.

"Yeah I already do and it's because of you" Shocked by his answer, I enter to our class and got to my place. Why would he think I'm the reason he already have friends? I thought as I sat down.

Few hours have passed and our afternoon classes are finished. I stood up and was about to go out when I saw Daniel in front of me.

"I'll see you later, Bear" He said and smiled at me. To be honest, his smiles make ma flattered like all the time. I have to admit he has some kissable lips but I mean it as his friend. He then made his way out of the room. I then followed out and suddenly someone grabbed me by my arm.

"Hey! Mandy! We're going shopping for tomorrow's party! Wanna come?!" It was Becca. She always does the grabbing in the arms thingy.

"I'm sorry I've a dinner with Daniel tonight." I finally admitted. I was going to tell it with the whole gang but unfortunately it was only Becca who's used to grabbing someone. And I know she's gonna be teasing me like starting now.

"Did you just say you're going to have dinner with Daniel tonight?!"

"Yeah, you heard it right."

"Amanda Williams. Is there something you and Liz are not telling me? Cause I sense there is and you have to tell me!" Becca never uses my complete name when she talks to me except when she's mad at me and now she was about to burst.

"Is it that obvious?" I can't lie to her now.

"You want me to tell you everything I've observe since the very first day of the school cause we're damn gonna finish talking by tomorrow evening!"

"Okay! I'm telling you everything, alright! But I can't tell you now cause I have a dinner tonight and I have to prepare."

"You better tell me tonight, Amanda."

"I'm sorry...I was just....there was nothing to tell about because he's just a friend."

"Mandy I think you really can't see it can't you? The guy likes you but he shows it in a different way"

"Okay maybe you're right but I don't want to expect anything from him thought you can expect more from what happened to Liz." I suddenly changed the topic to Liz and fortunately, it saved me from the detective skill Becca has developed. After I said those words about Liz, she was like a person who's gonna eat a bunch of secrets untold by Liz and as for the expression of Liz. She was still smiling until she realized Becca was coming after her. Her face expression changed into something like SOMEONE'S-GONNA-EAT-ME!!!!kind of face. Then Liz started running and Becca was chasing after her until I can't see them already. I went home immediately and told mom that I wasn't gonna be home for dinner.

"Why? Are you going to Lizzie's place?" She asked.

"No."

"Then why?"

"I'm having a date tonight...wait...it's not really a da-"

"Are you serious??!!!"

"Yeah, and he's just a friend mom... no need to worry. I'm going up and prepare. He's gonna pick me up at 6:30."

"Oh even though, Amanda, you don't know how proud I am because of you." She hugged me really tight and looked at my face. She then kissed my forehead and told dad about it. The way my mom looked at me is feels like she's about to cry. I went up to my room and showered. When I went out my mom was seating on my bed and was holding a very nice dress and was looking at our family picture beside my bed. It's a flowered dress, sleeveless and has a peter pan collar in it.

"Mom" I said.

"Oh. You're done! Now, try this on. I want you to wear this on your first date" She was smiling from ear to ear.

"Mom, as what is told you. He's just a friend and it's not a date"

"But I really want you to try this on. I was supposed to give this to you on you birthday but I think it wont fit you if we I would give this to you on your birthday."

"Mom! I'm not going to be so fat!"

"Then you'll have to wear this then."

"Okay...okay..i'm going to wear it. And thanks, Mom"

"I love you, Amanda."

"I love you too, Mom"

"Okay now we have to fix you first."

My mom took care fo my make-up and fixed my dress and told me some tips and some things that I should be careful about. It's now 6:25 pm until dad came in and stopped.

"Amanda....You're beautiful baby....but that guy down stairs seemed okay to me."

"Dad! I said he's just a FRIEND!"

"A friend, alright. Now go, you don't want him to wait all night."

I went down a noticed he looked so good on what he's wearing now and seemed kind of nervous. Why would he be nervous? I thought.

"I'm sorry I took so long." I said. But he didn't say anything. He was just sitting there and looking at me.

"Is something wrong with me? Cause if there is, I'll have to excuse myself for a minute." I was the one nervous now.

"None at all....you look...so beautiful" He said.