Chapter 5: Invite me Friend?

Chapter 5

Amanda

I don't know why he smiled at me at the restaurant maybe it was just a sign to say thank you. Me and Lizzie were walking on our way home and I knew that from what she answered to Becca's question. There was really a twist in what she answered. It's not that I don't trust her, it's just that I knew her well at the point in which I know when she tells everything and I think Becca had that feeling too but didn't pushed on her in answering those kind of questions cause when we do, she's gonna be depressed the whole time trying to cheer herself up and acting like crazy.

"Liz, I know you don't what to say it because you're afraid that I'm gonna tease you about him again but can you please tell me the truth on what really happened?" I took the chance of us being alone together and putting a serious face just to say that she can trust me that I won't tease her.

"Mandy..." she told me the whole truth about it and there were some of what she answered to Becca that was true but I can't seem to process Chase wrapping his arm around my friend.

"I don't know what to say...I mean he grabbed you and put you in his arms...and I know your feelings are now changing, am I right or am I right?" I said with a bit of excitement tone.

She then nodded and right on time I was already in front of our house. I smiled and hugged her.

"You know you've loved him for almost three years and he hasn't even talk to you much and now he was hugging you. Maybe-" she interrupted my piece.

"saving me from falling" she corrected.

"Okay, whatever you say. Maybe he's in to you now. Maybe she realized you existed in his world.-" She interrupts me again.

"Nice one friend but I'm not gonna be carried by that realization of yours. See you tomorrow then."

I sighed and watched her turning her backs and walked away.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" I sighed again and was sad for Liz. I know she always confuse herself with things like this. It's whether he'll like him again or stop herself from liking him. She's the kind of person who looks strong on the outside but you never imagine how fragile she can be sometimes.

"I'm home" I said as I got in to our house.

"Did you eat already sweetheart?" Mom said and kissed me on my cheeks.

"Yeah, we ate outside. I'm gonna go get some shower and if you don't mind I'm gonna go to bed early."

"I certainly don't mind but Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong, I just had a very boring day that's all. I'm gonna go see dad."

"oh, yeah, sure sweetie."

I went to dad and told him that things I said to mom and got inside my room. I checked my mails and saw floods of very excited people for the first party of the year, at Ryan Hunter's house. I don't know about him much but he said everyone's invited. I got emails from Penny, Becca, Charlotte.....okay I think from every single friend I have just invited me well probably that would be an exception to Lizzie. She never liked parties. I don't know why she don't like it but I'm sure gonna agree with her about not going. I scrolled down and saw other emails I have. Well, other than the invitations, I got a friend request. It's Daniel. I'm sure it's okay to accept him right? I thought and paused for a second. And why wouldn't it be okay to accept him? This isn't like some soon to be boyfriend or girlfriend situation it's just a FRIEND situation. I finally clicked accept and felt a buzz on my phone.

"Daniel." I said.

"Uhm. Hey, just checking of your home already. Are you home?" He asked.

Why is he asking me that? I thought.

"Uhmmm.....yeah.why?"

"No reason. Uhm..do you wanna.....do...you.....do you wanna go to the party with me?" He said with a voice that looks like he's about to die, catching a lot of air in his lungs. What's up with him?

"Cause you know I don't know everyone else yet and your kind of only my friend if you consider me as your friend?"

"Of course you can be my friend. As for the party I'm not sure, I'm gonna have to ask Lizzie first."

"O..Okay...just give me a call if you'd like to come." I can somewhat feel him disappointed in the tone in his voice...Oh...well....

"Okay..thanks.." I said and hunged up the phone. I was calling Lizzie and thought that maybe he just really want to go to parties to meet some new friends other than me.

"Mandy!" Lizzie was already screaming.

"Yeah! Can you stop screaming in my ears!!" I back fight.

"You weren't answering the phone."

"Oh...sorry I was just...never mind. So, I think you've heard Ryan Hun-" She interrupted me as always.

"Chase called me twice this evening."

"You're not dreaming are you?"

"I'm not! First he asked me if my ankle is okay because of my fall earlier. Next is, he asked me if mind if i mind going to the party with him. And I didn't answer yet cause you know how I hate parties right?"

"Why didn't you just answer that you didn't wanna go!"

"Because I was gonna call you and ask you if you'll go!"

"Daniel asked me if I wanna go. So I also said that I needed you decision too cause I feel like I don't wanna go."

"You should have said 'yes' you know because he's new to the school and he needs to have other friends like boys."

"Yeah. I know.... I thought about that too but you have to tell Chase that you'll go too!" I said with authority.

"okay...okay...I will!" At last, Lizzie's gonna go to a party. She never went to parties since the start of this world. She goody goody type of girl and always follows instructions and does all she's ask to do.

"Good now I'm gonna hung up the phone-" UGHHH!!!! Why does she always do that to me!!! Someday I'm gonna be the one's going to hung up FIRST!!! I called Daniel.

"Hey, I'm going to the party."

"That's good. So, when do I pick you up?"

"Around seven maybe...is that okay with you?"

"Sure..no problem...........

We talked for a very long time and had'nt noticed the time was running so fast. We talked about the people who might go to the party and who's good to be with and not good to be with. Actually, I like talking to him now. He's funny and I like the way his voice sounds.