chapter 12

Chapter 12

Rebecca

We opened Ryan Hunters messages for me. I was shocked at first message I read.

“Rebecca, I know what happened earlier but I’m sorry if I let you cry” That was I think the last message he texted me. The other were like “Rebecca?”, “Rebecca, are you mad?”, “Rebecca, are you okay?”. Although I was a bit touched with his sorry I was still mad and hurt because of him. The next thing we opened was the two voicemails.

“Rebecca? I don’t know what happened last night but I’m really sorry. If you’re mad at me please at least explain to me why? Call me when you’re okay.” WHY?! That was the first thing that got into my head right after the voicemail ended.

“Is this man super insensitive and doesn’t even know how to feel what us girls feel when he say those words?” Lizzie was shouting at my phone. Mandy then let her calm down and sit back to hear the last voicemail.

“Rebecca Taylor, I know were not that close and we barely know each other. Last night I just wanted to talk to you since I knew we seldom talk. If you were taking what I said last night seriously I’m really sorry to hurt your feelings, Princess. I knew I was being insensitive but I meant it as a joke. I thought you’re gonna go with it but realized that I think you felt disrespected of what I did and said last night. Please let me make it up to you. Meet me at the football field at three. I’ll be waiting no matter what. Please come, Princess” I was speechless at what I was hearing. Hearing his voice was melting me but the anger inside me was also trying to solidify me. Looking at my two besties, they too were speechless.

“At least he knows what I’m feeling right now.” I said just to break the silence.

“Will you go?” Mandy asked me.

“I won’t. Let him suffer the consequences” I stood up and threw my phone on my bed.

“Yeah. Let him suffer. Or maybe he won’t cause he’ll just give up and go with his girlfriend rather than waiting for you” Liz put up an evil face.

“But what if he meant that he’s sorry? What if he stays and will be waiting for you?”  Mandy tried to change Becca’s mind.

“Amanda. Mandy. Amy. Will really give in to this kind of man who wants bring you to his room?” Lizzie was now scolding Mandy.

“I’m just saying the possibilities” Mandy got the phone and opened some messages again. “You have to delete these messages.”

“I will” I said.

The night has come and still my friends are at my house comforting me. We were watching movies and ate lots and lots of popcorn. We didn’t bother to tell mom why I had puffy eyes. Every time she asked me, Mandy or Lizzie is gonna cover me up and change the topic. I love them for doing that. We went back to my room after we watched the movie All About Steve. Which is actually what I needed to follow about what the girl said in the last part of the movie, If you love someone, set them free. I’m still mad at Hunter but there’s this thing bugging me. I know I have to play hard and I never expected him to like me either. The girls he went out with is a total opposite of me.

“BECCA!!!!!BECCA!!!” Mandy was running towards me like she just won a ticket to ‘Paradise Falls’.

“WHAT IS IT WITH THE SHOUTING!!!” I said.

“It’s Hunter he’s calling you!!!” Mandy offered the phone. I got it and pressed decline.

“Happy now?” I knew I was kind of harsh to Mandy but I don’t want to talk to him, EVER!

“Sorry. I know you’re still angry at him”

“It’s okay. Not a big deal. Now let’s play a game with Lizzie. We went back to my room and noticed Lizzie preparing the bottle. We were going to play truth or dare. We suddenly heard a knock on my window or probably just a flying stone. I looked outside and noticed Ryan waving his hands at me and gesturing me to go out and talk to him. I rolled my eyes at him and closed the curtains. I got back to my friends and was about to start playing it then suddenly mom knocked on my door.

“Becca, some guy wanted to talk to you.”

“Mom, tell him I don’t want to talk to him” I was now furious.

“He said he’s not going until you talk to him. Who’s this guy anyway?”

“A nobody, mom.I think I’ll just drag his perfect butt out of my place” I got my coat and stormed outside. I inhaled deeply before I went out knowing that he’ll probably put on his pleading face again. I opened the door and saw him standing to the place where I usually stay when me and my mother fights. I closed the door and crossed my arms.

“Explain whatever you want to explain, Hunter” Then he turned around and looked at me.

“Rebecca, why didn’t you meet me?” he  asked.

“Because I don’t want to see your stupid face” He looked down and raised his head again to look at me.

“Rebecca, I’m sorry for being so insensitive. I never realized you would react that way until I said those things to you.”

“Are you done? Cause my friends are waiting for me.” I put an angry tone when I said that.

“No, not yet. I want to give these to you.” He gave me three roses and an ice cream. “I’m sorry, the ice cream melted. I was supposed to give this to you earlier but you didn’t come so I decided to come over. I was worried that you won’t come and talk to me”

“I really didn’t plan on talking to you but my mom forced me to cause you said you’ll not go away until I talk to you. And now that you’re done talking to me, Go.” I didn’t even accept the flowers and ice cream. I just turned my back and closed the door. I leaned my back against the door and felt tears falling on my cheeks. I move to the window to check him. I saw him placed the flowers and ice cream on the table in our porch and saw him getting in his car. I went out to look at him go away.

“I love you.” I still admit that I love him. Wiping my tears, I got his flowers and ice cream and got in the house.