chapter 19

Chapter 19

Amanda

We were in an orphanage and I’m wearing my jammies and surrounded by these children.  I smiled at Daniel who was also carrying a little girl. Sure these kids are cute but I don’t really know why were here. I thought he wanted for us to go on a food trip or something but I guess my prediction turns out to be a charitable work.

“Here.  You all right?” Daniel gave a little girl a lollipopwho was staying at a little corner. The girl had had a large scar on her left face and her hair was down. The girl didn’t answer “Hey, it’s all right I’m not gonna hurt you, come on”

“She’s ugly” one girl said behind Daniel. He turned around to face her.

“Karen, you don’t talk to people that way. It’s bad. Say sorry to her…come on” Daniel gently pushed her towards the little girl.

“I’m sorry” She said. Daniel smiled at her

“Very good, now why don’t you go to Sister Anna and tell her were here” Daniel said to Karen.

“Okay! I’m sure she’ll be happy you’re here! Come on guys! Let’s surprise Sister Anna!” Then Karen and the other children ran before her. Including the little boy I was carrying earlier. Daniel turned to the girl in the corner.

“Hey, What your name little girl?” Daniel asked her. I walked towards them.

“Amanda” we have the same name!,I thought. I moved closer to them and talk to her.

“We have the same names!” I said and smiled at her.

“No” She said.

“Why? My name is also Amanda”

“You’re beautiful, I’m not.” She looked down.

“Oh..come on now… You are.”

“Really?” She said

“Of course, you are” I said then Daniel held her hand.

“You know Amanda? Girls whose names are Amandaarebeautiful and I love them” Daniel said.

“You love me?” the girl asked and I suddenly felt that my cheeks are burning.

“Yeah.You’re beautiful and you just have to get out of this corner and tell everybody that you’re beautiful because if you stay here, no one would notice you and they would continue to say bad things to you and you don’t want them to say those things to you don’t you?.” She nodded. “Smile. I love Amanda when she smiles.” Amanda smiled and walked out of the corner. Daniel carried her and smiled at me.

“Your blushing” He and Amanda were laughing.

“I’m not!” I said. Then I found myself staring at them while they walk inside. I followed them. He then brought Amanda down.

“Now you play with the other kids okay?”She  smiled at Daniel then to me and ran toward her friends. We were walking in a hall when suddenly someone called Daniel.

“Danny! It’s so good to see you! Happy Birthday young man!” She hugged him.

“It’s good to see you too, sister” She smile and looked at me and I smiled.

“Is this your girlfriend!” She squealed.

“No-“ Daniel and I said in unison.

“Not yet.” Daniel said and chuckled then she laughed.

“I’m Amanda Williams, a friend of Daniel, nice to meet you….sister…” I trailed off.

“Sister Anna” She said.

“Nice to meet you Sister Anna” I smiled at her.

“Nice to meet you too” She paused for a while and stared at both of us “You two are perfect together! You should go on to the next level” We and Daniel just laughed “Now Come on and let’s celebrate your birthday…..by the way….Danny…Where’s mother?”

“Uhm… She’s kind of in a business trip right now. She said she’ll try to get home as earlier as she possibly can” I never knew Daniel were to be alone on his birthday without me. I looked at Daniel and he gave me the I-explain-it-later look.

“Oh…is that so? I wish she could’ve come here with you….Anyways you girlfriend here would be her substitute”She smiled at us and continued walking down the hallway. Daniel turned to me.

“Sorry ‘bout that. She’s just really like that.” He said.

“It’s okay. And by the way, I’m giving you two points for giving Amanda earlier some confidence to herself and for saying that Amanda’s are beautiful. So that make three points” I laughed at him and we followed Sister Anna. I walked first and I can sense he’s smiling.