Chapter 21

Characters:

Amanda Williams (Mandy)      

Daniel Clarke

Elizabeth Porter (Lizzie)

Chase Miller 

Spencer Morgan (Penny)

Liam Thompson

Rebecca Taylor (Becca)

Ryan Hunter

Brandon Tyler

Chapter 21

Rebecca

It was Monday morning, the lazy day, as I may call. Honestly I was kind of happy and you know a bit of jealousy comes to me when I heard Amanda telling us what happened to them at an orphanage. It was nice of him to bring a Amanda and made some surprises for her even though it was supposed to be him that will be surprised, but Amanda told us her mom couldn’t make it because of some business. Oh well, rich people really can’t get over their business anyway it’s for her kids too but it was kind of hard knowing it was your birthday and you celebrate it with other people rather than with your family or the people who are close to you. Yes, I am jealous of what happened to Amanda and now I’m a bit of more depressed because of Ryan. Why he need to do that to me if all that he wants is to be close to me and some of my friends. Anyway now that it happened I better get over it. The sooner the better. I went down to eat my breakfast and waited for the bus. I got in and saw Penny.

“Hey, how you doin’?” I asked as I sat beside her.

“Fine, you?” she asked. I bet we were feeling the same about what we heard about them.

“Just trying to make a wonderful start. Are you thinking about what Amanda told us about yesterday?”

“Kind of but I was more thinking about the Lizzie…”

”Why? Did something happen to them too?” I asked. Then she told me that she asked Liz if there were any updates with her and Chase and Liz told her. It was all about why he love Liz and the other girls that he love before. It was kind of over for him to say that. All those years of not noticing Elizabeth’s feelings and now he is saying all those things to her. Well, it was sweet of him to say it to Liz but they barely know each other because they don’t even to talk. Maybe they have but it was like a two minute conversation. I’m gonna ask her for that later when I see her. We arrived at school and went to our first class. I saw Liz sitting with Amanda and we walked towards them.

“Hey, Liz. I think you need some sharing to do.” I smiled and smirked at her as I sat down with Penny.

“Hey, Becca. What do I need to share?” she smiled.

“About what happened to you when you were getting your things to sleep at my house?”

“I told her about what Chase told you” Penny admitted.

“Well, I guess there’s nothing to share now.” She smiled at me then scanned her book.

“Liz. I what want you to tell,is what was your answer and how felt” I said. She was about to talk but Ms. Fredrickson already came in.

“Lunch” I told her as I was about to go to my proper place. Ms. Fredrickson wrote something on the board and it seems like were on the topic essay.

“My first week at school, what were your feelings this pass few weeks in school and knowing that this will be your last and you will be graduating. Are you feeling happy, excited, angry, you say it. Now, I want to come up with a piece about what I just said. Just feel like you’re writing on your own diary or something.” She smiled and turned around to erase what she just wrote on the board. By the way, Ms. Fredrickson is our speech teacher and as well as our counselor. No wonder she’s so into knowing what we feel. “So, let’s get to the boring part of having a class, discussion. I want everyone to listen to me……” Well she definitely knows how a student who’d feel and that’s one thing I like about her. We continued our discussion and had other subject for the morning and finally here comes lunch. Before I went to the cafeteria with the gang went to my locker to place my books inside. When I open it I immediately noticed something. Something that smells so unexplainable. Then I saw a letter on top of my books. I opened it. An arrow was drawn on the paper and inside it is a capital letter “I”. And together with the letter was a cookie inside a Ziploc. And I noticed it was the letter and the cookie that made that smell I was wondering about earlier. I followed where the arrow was headed to and it was pointing towards the end of the hall way. I walked and was holding the cookie. I was gonna eat the cookie but I thought it might be poisonous but it smelled so good and it looks like an ordinary cookie. I ate the cookie while I was walking and another letter was placed on the window sill. I opened it and saw another cookie and another arrow with a “M” inside.   I followed the arrow again and it was heading to the garden. I think I got the last letter and the arrow was pointing to the left. I was about to take a bite of my last cookie and I saw Ryan holding a cardboard saying ‘I’m Sorry’.  I stopped walking just putting a distance between us. He moved closer and I just looked at him.

“I just wanna ask again for forgiveness if I still have a chance” he said looking worried.

“If you wanna ask for forgiveness, you really don’t have to do this” I replied.

“I just want you to know that I’m seriously sorry for what I did.”

“Why did you ever think that we can be closer if you said it at the first place? If you want to be close to the friends of your friends you just have to talk to me and not in that way.” He looked down. “

“I hope you know how sorry I am” he said.

“You don’t have to be worried about that because I never did get mad at you. I was mad at myself of not being mad at you and I cried because those words were the worst words I never wanna hear from the person I like.” He raised his head and looked at me but I just stared. I think this the most boring and ordinary confession a person can ever do and I am doing it right now. He was about to say something but I raised my hand to stop him from talking. “Yes, I do like you and I don’t want you to get your chances of fooling me just because I like.” I paused for a moment and saw his reaction, stunned. “Okay. Are we done here or you still have other things to tell me?” I think I just talked in a very harsh tone.

“I wanna ask if I’m now forgiven” he finally opened his mouth.

“Yes, you are forgiven and please I still don’t want to talk to for a moment because whenever you talk to me I get distracted and it’s almost examination. I also wanna cool off from what just happen. You can go back to your normal routine and stop worrying about me not forgiving you.” I said.

“Thanks. I’ll do what you just said.” He smiled.

“Okay then. Gotta go.” I said and turned. I was about to walk then I remember I was still holding the cookie and turned to face him again. “By the way, did you make these cookies?” I asked.

“I kind of asked some help from my sister. Does it taste bad?” He looked worried.

“No. No. Not at all. It taste good. Thanks.” I smiled at him then turned away and walked back to my locker to place the letters he gave.