Chapter 27

Characters:

Amanda Williams (Mandy)

Daniel Clarke

Elizabeth Porter (Lizzie)

Chase Miller

Spencer Morgan (Penny)

Liam Thompson

Rebecca Taylor (Becca)

Ryan Hunter

Brandon Tyler

Chapter 27

Rebecca

Walking along the hallway, i just got back from the library trying to finish my science project but stopped for now because it's totally killing my head. The headache that i'm feeling now is really nothing than what is really hurting inside me. I met Hunter along the hallway and he stopped walking in front of me. I felt my heart squeeze whenever i saw him. I almost wished that he would grab me and tell me that everything's gonna be all right but i knew he wouldn't..

"Hey. You all right?" He ask looking concern for me.

"Yeah. Just having a bad headache." He walked us to the benches holding my elbow for support. I removed his hands holding my elbow saying "Hunter, you don't have to do this. You don't have to pretend to be concern about me just because of what you did."

I can see him clenching his fist and he's obviously gritting his teeth. "I'm not pretending to be concerned, Rebecca" He said it like he was about to cry but he didn't instead he continued talking. "If that's what your thinking then i'm telling you that i'm not. I really am concern about you, Rebecca. Believe me or not it pains me seeing you like this. I know it's not just the headache that's hurting you now, i know it because of me and i really am sorry about it." We stared at each other for seemed like a lifetime. I never said anything until his face is again growing to more concern "Becca, please say something. It's killing me not hearing you say something. Please"

I decided to open my mouth and end things here"Why now, Hunter? Why did you decide now to be concerned about me? Since when did you decide to be concerned about me? After years of hurting, accepting that you wouldn't care a girl like me."

"Beacause i was coward. I was afraid that you will react this way. I know i messed up and i should have told that---"

"Stop right there, Hunter. I don't want to hear the rest of it. I don't how am i suppose to feel right now. Should i be mad at you or should i be concerned about you too?" I paused and turned around to walk away but before i could make my first step, he held my shoulder and slowly wrapped his string arms around my arms.

"I love you" he said it like it was a prayer with his sexy voice and tightened his grip around me. I just stared in space and felt like time has stopped as well as my heartbeat. I tried bring myself back to reality but i know it was hard, feeling his warmth around me, i never wanna end this moment but there is something inside me that's telling me to walk out and stay away from him. My mind was telling me to stay away from him because i knew that time will come he would just hurt me again but my heart is telling me to stay with him. I felt like i was in two worlds apart and making me confused on what i'm really suppose to do. Not even knowing it, i removed his hands around me and started walking. "Becca" he said trying to stop me but it didn't stop me from staying away from him. My chest really did hurt, not just emotionally but physically. I never did felt this way before. Even if we weren't together it felt like my body has been shattered to pieces. There was something in me that's telling me to go back to him and tell him that i love him too but i never stopped walking. I met the library guy in my way out.

"Hey, there!" He smiled but it faded by the time he noticed me wiping away a tear from my cheeks.

"Hey..." I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He said trying to catch up my pace.

"It's nothing." I paused trying to get some air. "Could you do me a favor?"

"Yeah, sure what is it?"

"Can you give me a ride to my house?I'll lead the way. I forgot to tell my friend that i was gonna be home late." I said still sobbing.

"Yeah. Come on." He lead us to his truck. He opened the door and buckled my seatbelt for me. I tried to get comfortable as i could in his truck while he walked around his car to the driver's seat. He started the engine and started driving. We we're very quiet on our way to my house except when i tell him which way to turn. Tears were still flowing on my cheeks so I looked out the window and saw the sky. It was about to rain with all the dark gray clouds accumulating up in the air. We were almost there and i told him to pull over right after i saw my house. I unbuckled my seatbelt and started opening that door but stopped and looked at him. "Thanks..." I realized i didn't even know his name but still i was getting comfortable being with him.

"It Jared. Jared Wilson" he smiled.

"Thanks, Jared" I smiled and got out of his truck and closing it place both hands in my pockets warming it from the cold weather.

"Will you be all right?" He asked through the window.

"I will be. Thanks again, Jared" i smiled just to assure him that i'll be alright.

"Anytime" he smiled and started driving. I waved at him knowing he could still see me until i could no longer see his car on the road.