Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Amanda

We were walking along the hallway.

“How about when we went star gazing isn’t it part of the points?” He walked with me and asked.

“Well…I did like it…but that was before the agreement. So, it doesn’t count” I said and smirked.

“Can’t you just add points to that? Just a point, maybe?”

“No. Come on. Sister Anna is gonna be waiting for us.” I smiled and we got in a room where all the children are all there. The room was crowded but it smelled food. Maybe they prepared something for Daniel. This place is like a classroom, the difference is it doesn’t have black boards and some educational stuff. This might be they’re meeting area or they’re dining room. There were teenagers and kids as well. They were arranged by their age I think because they were sitting separately. Some young adults, like us, I think joined the kids in other tables. We got in the room and they were all smiling at us. Amanda was already in a group and smiling. It’s good that she got some friends than staying in a corner and stayed away from everyone.

“Good morning, every one. Daniel, here, as what he promised us will be celebrating his birthday here with all of us. And with him is a girl friend of his, Amanda. Please, welcome them.” Sister Anna introduced us. I smiled and waved at them. I noticed that almost all the teenagers are looking at Daniel. I almost giggled at my imagination of Daniel being chased by all these girls. Daniel was about to say something but a girl stood up and started singing the Happy Birthday song. All of them sang including me and Daniel just smiled. After we sang, Daniel took a deep breath trying to compose himself.

“Thank you for that song and thank you for everything. I’m happy that I get to celebrate my birthday with all of you but unfortunately my mother was supposed to be here, however, she had some important things to do. So, let’s just have this day a wonderful day for all of us and I heard you prepared something for me, I’m excited” He laughed. “So, what’s the first event?”

“Beach!” They all said in unison.

“Okay. Pack your things and we going swimming” He said then all of them got out to prepare their things and turned to me. “I’m sorry you didn’t bring clothes with you but I do have some clothes I left here.”

“No…it’s okay. I’m good. I’m not swimming” I smiled at him.

“You sure?” He asked.

“Really sure” I said then he smiled at me.

“Danny, can I get some help here please.” Sister Anna was at the kitchen preparing the picnic basket.

“Come on” He went to Sister Anna. He and I helped in preparing the picnic basket as well as the other things needed for our outing to be safe and fun. We place all our thing in a bus and called the children. Daniel volunteered to drive and I sat down next to Amanda who sat beside me. Sister Anna prepared a short prayer for our trip. All of them are singing until we arrived at the beach. I woke up Amanda who fell asleep. She got her things and got out with her friends. Daniel got up and helped me with my things. The place was superb. It isn’t a resort but it was so beautiful. The sky was blue, the sun is hot and the sun is so fine and so white. The kids immediately got into their swimsuits and played along the shores of the ocean. Daniel was pulled by Amanda and Karen to play with them. Sister Anna and I were staying at a shaded area where a big tree can cover us from the heat of the sun. We prepared the things and made sandwiches for all of us.  After a few minutes of playing and swimming under the sun, Daniel and the kids came out of the water and ate some snacks that we made.