Chapter 28

Characters:

Amanda Williams (Mandy)

Daniel Clarke

Elizabeth Porter (Lizzie)

Chase Miller

Spencer Morgan (Penny)

Liam Thompson

Rebecca Taylor (Becca)

Ryan Hunter

Brandon Tyler

Chapter 28

Rebecca

Last day before our winter break begins and we would go to Daniels. Spencer texted me to meet her after class at the field then we would be going window shopping before Daniel and the boys will fetch us at seven. Lizzie and Chase said that they would be coming tomorrow since Chase already know where Daniels place is. I'm kind of jealous of Lizzie, he got Chase and he seemed so serious about her already. Hunter never talked to me after the incident that happened last two week ago. Sometime i can see him looking at me while walking along the hallway but he never did approach to talk to me instead, he avoided me and that just makes me uncomfortable. I knew he was giving me some space after telling me that he was really concerned about me but thinking of the past years of not noticing me, it's giving me a headache on why now? Why tell me now that i'm already trying to get over him? Before the school year started, Lizzie and I kind of agreed not to let boys destroy out last year together but unfortunately this years got more interesting and painful at the same time. I seemed like the boys also agreed on each other to tell us their feelings. Ugh! My head is killing me. I needed a pain reliever. I was still in the library, by the way, still finishing up my science project that's adding to my headache. A voice broke my thoughts.

"Here." It was Jared handing over a glass of water and a pain reliever on his other hand. " i just though you already needed this because you already look so stress and seemed like having a headache." I smiled at him and got the water and pain reliever.

"Thanks. That's very thoughtful of you." I placed the pain reliever in my mouth and drank some water. I place the glass of water on the table and looked at him as he sat across the table facing me. "I thought water bringing water is against the rules in the library?" I said raising a brow at him.

"Water is important to people, you know, especially for a person staying in the library for half a day." He smiled at me.

"You're a working student?" I asked.

"Kind of. But i actually don't get paid for this."

"What?!" Why does he have to do this work if he's not getting paid for it? How about school? How can he concentrate on his studies?

"I was home schooled since i started studying. So for high school i kind of forced my parent to allow me really got to school with everyone around for college but i didn't like it at first so i decided to stay in the library for half a day reading and went to class for the half of it."

"Ooh..." That's all i could say for his short-long explanation. Before i could say something else, my phone vibrated and i got it out from my pocket. I looked at the screen and saw a text from Spencer. Before i opened the message, i looked at Jared and told him that i gotta go. I gathered my things and went out of the library. Opening my phone again, i opened the text that Spencer just sent me earlier.

"Sorry Becca i can't go to the mall this afternoon. I asked Hunter to get you from school and maybe he can also bring you to the mall. If you want"

"Why the hell would you do that?" I texted her back.

"For some reason :)" she replied

A few minutes later, a car pulled over. He opened and peeked in the windows.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey" Hunter gave me that kind of smile that can always melt every girls heart. I opened the door and got in. I sucked in some breath as i settled myself in his truck.

"So... Spencer asked you to fetch me?" I said but I didn't look at him.

"Yeah. So, where are we off to?" He asked and I started feeling his eyes on me but still i didn't look at him.

"To the mall I guess. I need to by a few things for the trip."

"I apologize for not being able to invite you. I was suppose to be the one to invite you but I wasn't able to. I'm sorry, for that." Feeling his eyes away from me downs me. He started the his truck and directed us to the mall.

"You don't have to apologize for that. No worries." I said. When we arrived at the mall we bought some food and some clothes for me. Although, there was an awkward moment between us i still felt safe whenever his around, so that just makes everything more confusing to me. After buying some things, he drove me home for me to prepare and told me they'll fetch me in an hour. I went inside our house and reminded my parents about me not being with them for a week. I went up to my room and checked my bag that i prepared last night. Since nothing more is to be prepared, i got my iPod just waiting for them to arrive. Laying and staring at the ceiling I realized i would have a week full of awkwardness with Hunter around. How could i ever survive this whole week being near him for a week after what he just confessed to me just two weeks ago. My thoughts were interrupted by the knocking of the door and mom got in my room and told me that they're here already. I bid my parents goodbye and went out.

I saw everyone laughing. Curious of why they are laughing i asked. "Did i miss something?"

"A lot!" Amanda said while giggling.

"Jump in!" Daniel said. Giving me a space to sit beside Amanda.

"So, can someone tell me about it and allow me to join?" I grinned at Amanda. Then Amanda told me everything on a four hours trip.