Chapter 2: Treat me to Paradise

Characters:

Amanda Williams (Mandy)

Daniel Clarke

Elizabeth Porter (Lizzie)

Chase Miller

Spencer Morgan (Penny)

Liam Thompson

Rebecca Taylor (Becca)

Ryan Hunter

Brandon Tyler

Chapter 2

Amanda

The last class in the afternoon is almost over and I have to be a tour guide to the new guy named Daniel. Well, that a handsome name but it doesn't mean I like him but it's just that he's the kind of person that makes you stare at him. I feel weird saying that. I texted Lizzie right after the class ended.

" Liz, pls tell the gang dat I'll be la8 later cuz I've been assigned to tour the new guy"

"ok, but pls don't take it long" she replied.

I placed my phone in the small pocket of my bag. I looked for Daniel and saw him talking to Ms. Fredrickson then he approached me and said " uhm...hey."

" hey...you ready for the tour?" I said.

"yeah, so where should we start?"

"Before that. I'm Amanda, by the way. Amanda Williams"

"Well, nice to meet you Amanda."

As he said my complete first name, it sent shivers in my body. It's like an alien that invaded my ears. I realized I was staring at him I immediately said something.

"Nice to meet you too, Daniel. Now shall we go?" I said and walked first.

Our conversation ended so easily and now there is this weird silence happening and I can sense him looking at me. So, I walked fast and headed to the offices.

"So, where are you from, Daniel?" I asked, just trying to break the awkward silence.

"Baltimore. We moved here because of the work of my father. He's always moved by his company manager to the other branches so I kind of have a few friends because of that."

"So, you're saying that you hadn't really had any permanent address?"

"Not really but. The longest time we stayed would be about four to five years maybe and the shortest time would be a year or a half."

"Wow...so that means you encounter a lot of people and then just bid your goodbyes." Stunned and sad by his answer, I kind of became emotional about that because I never tried being away from the people I'm close to. So, I kind of can't relate with him.

" Yeah, I know it's kind of sad but I got used to it."

After that conversation, I guided him to the offices, the library and as well as the courts and some of the restrooms. The only place I hadn't showed to him yet is the football field which is also one of my favorite parts of the school.

"Lastly, is the football field where I often stay." I was shocked as I heard myself telling him this.

"Why do you often stay here?" He asked.

I walked down to a few bleachers and was shouting "Aaaaah!!!!". After my really weird shouting, I came back to where he stood and staring at me.

"I think my work here is done. I have to go to my friends." I smiled and walked pass him.

"Wait! Can I give my thanks by treating you some snacks?"

"I'm sorry but I'm also about to eat with my friends." Still walking and him following me on my way to the bus stop.

"Can I drive you then?" He leaned sideways and looked at my face. He was looking at me with pleading eyes and I have to admit that his eyes are kind of cute though. I sighed and nodded to his offer.

"Okay."

"Thanks." He smiled and led the way. WOW! Amazing! I thought and was shocked at what I was seeing. It was a very most elegant and tantalizing car I've ever seen. I mean, I not really into cars but this?! I sure will start to have an interest now. Daniel opened the door for me and got in. He walked around his car and got in the driver's seat.

"So, where are we heading to?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"Breadsticks" I replied.

"Alright. To Breadsticks we go." The engine then roared to life and was as if talking to his owner.

"Is this your car?" I asked hoping he would not be offended by my question.

"Yeah, it's a gift from my mom for my 17th birthday" He took a glance at me.

"We're here! Pull over." I got out of the car and pretending not to see the WHAT-THE-HELL-HAPPENED face. "uhm...thanks for the ride, Daniel." I said and looked at his face and was about to turn around when he called out my name.

"Amanda, thank you too. I guess I'll see you around then."

"Yeah, I'll see you around." I immediately turned away and prepared myself for my interrogation with my friends.