chapter 16

Chapter 16

Daniel

A day with Amanda Williams is a day of perfections. On our way up the hill, she was always blushing. I love her when she does that. And the way she smiles just melts my world. We arrived and opened the door for her. I unloaded the food that I made earlier. We sat on my car and wrapped ourselves with our own coats but I offered her another one since she was wearing her jammies and my car might get her cold. I handed him a cup of hot chocolate and got mine too.

“You really prepare for this didn’t you? What’re we supposed to do here?” She asked.

“Yeahi did plan this day with you but I just decided to come up here with you the moment I woke up” I said.

“You wake up at dawn!”

“I sometimes because I wanted to get an exercise and jog alone before many people starts”

“so you were supposed to have your exercise right now?”

“Yeah but I decided to change that plan.” I smiled at him. We waited for a few minutes and saw the sun come up until half of it showed up.

“It’s beautiful… I knew this place but never realized this would be a view of a beautiful sunrise” I looked at her while she talks.

“You look more beautiful” I said. She really is beautiful, with the sun shining over her, I can see her alluring brown eyes.

“Excuse me? did you say something?” She asked but I can see her blushing again.

“Nothing…you have chocolate near you lips” I was about to lean closer but I stopped myself and kept my distance. Stop, Daniel. I scolded myself.

“Oh…thanks” Then she wipes it off. I looked back at the morning sun and I sense her watching me but I just stared to space pretending I was watching the sun rise.

“Thanks, Daniel.” I turned to her.

“I was just chocolate nothing to thank-“

“No. What I mean is…thanks for bringing me here” We stared at each other for a long time and I noticed that she closed her eyes and I was leaning close to her. I stopped and smiled then I leaned in closer. I was closing my eyes  and was about to kiss her but….  ANSWER ME! ANSWER ME! ANSWER ME! A phone rang. We both opened our eyes and looked at each other. She immediately turned away and I kept my distance from her.

“Is..s…is that your phone?” I asked, my voice cracked.

“Oh…yeah. Sorry it’s..its mine.” She looked at it “I…It’s Becca. I need to answer this” She ansered it.

“Becca”

“Where are you!”

“I…I’m with Daniel right now” She looked at me.

“At this hour?!” She move the phone away from her ears for a moment.

“Let me talk to her” Daniel lip talked me.

“Why?” I replied also lip talked to him. Then he suddenly grabbed the phone.

“Hey, Becca. Good Morning. It’s Daniel. Uhm ..can I borrow Amanda for a day? It’s kind of my day today.” I look at her “It’s my birthday” I saw her lip talked me.

“Why didn’t you tell me” She said. I just smiled at her.

“Okay, thanks Becca. I consider that as your birthday gift to me…yeah it’s okay…thanks” I hung up the phone and turned to Amanda.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was your-“ I stopped her by putting an finger in her lips.

“I wanted it to be a secret but I guess it won’t be anymore” I laughed while putting my finger down

“Daniel, you should have told me. I mean look at me! I’m wearing jammies on your birthday”

“It’s okay, Amanda. I love looking at you that way. Besides, you don’t have to give me anything on my birthday. You presence is what I would appreciate and love the most” She looked back at the sun rising. There was a long paused and she finally said “Come on! Where do you want to go? We’ll enjoy this day the way you planned it”

“Amanda…”

“Oh come on…you said you wanted a day with me. So let’s enjoy this day! Now come on” She said.

“Well….there is somewhere I wanted to go” I opened the door for her and I got in then started the car We drove for almost an hour until we finally arrived. I turned to Amanda but I noticed she was asleep. Even in her sleep, she was beautiful and felt at peace. I leaned in closer and traced her gorgeous lashes then I kissed her on the forehead. Suddenly she wakes up finding me so close to her. I move back.

“We’re here” I said.

“Where are we?” she asked.

“An orphanage”

“What are we going to in an orphanage?”

“I promised these children that I would celebrate my birthday with them. This was one of my father’s charity projects. My mother and I continued the projects and my mother asked me to take care of this and so that’s why I became close to these children “ I went out of the car and opened the door for her. We walked in and suddenly children came running towards us.

“Danny!!! You came!!!” I lifted Karen.  “Why wouldn’t I be?” I told them then I looked at Amanda who was also carrying a little boy. How I love the way she carries children? Like I would want to freeze the world and imagine a life with her and that’s our child she’s carrying. I wouldn’t  ask for more but to be everywhere she is and where she wants to be.