Chapter 9 Onward Part 2

The Survival part of the Chunin exams were getting closer and closer each day. 

Seru and I would train together as much as possible. I didn’t want that day to come. 

Even though we trained we never got anywhere. Trying to defeat each other was impossible. I had to admit, Seru had gained a lot of powers over the course of 4 years. He was faster and stronger but so was I. 

His ninjustu also increased but my swiftness stopped him from weaving signs. One thing that got me though was his genjutsu. He never really used it until we got serious. I never knew how to get out of his genjutsu. It was powerful. 

I hoped that he would by my partner during the Survival Exam. I hoped and whished. 

The day came. Everyone lined up and prepared for the announcements. 

My father walked up to the podium with a huge grin on his face. 

“Welcome, all genin today. If you are here, that means you have passed with flying colors. On to the next step. Survival. The rules are simple. I have personally selected the groups that will be partners. Toga is with Beru and Mina, Heaven scroll. Hafa is with Peru and Wen, Earth scroll…” I stood nervously. Waiting for my name to be announced. 

“Kushina is with Killian and Seru, Heaven scroll.” I silently screamed inside my head. We would definetly pass this round. Seru and I were unstoppable. I looked behind me and smiled at Kilian. 

He had a short stature with blond hair tied into a ponytail in the back. He wore a red shirt and fishnets under his red shirt. He wore dark green pants and his black eyes looked happy.

Killian was different than Shikamaru. He acted more like his mom, not lazy. I’m sure Tenten would yell at Killian to train and not be lazy like his father. It made me laugh. He did have the brains like his father. 

Tomorrow was the day we would set out. 5 days of pure torture. Our goal was to get the other scroll, Earth, in our case. If we had the two scrolls then we would win and go onto the next round. 

I hoped with all my soul to do just that win.