Chapter 41 Eagles

I opened my eyes to discover the sun shining. I ran to the window and looked outside to see a glorious rainbow plaguing my vision. I had never seen one in a long time. We barely got rain as it is in the Konoha. I stuffed my head in my pillow as the rainbow disappeared and was replaced with more grey clouds over head. 

I didn't want to train in Ame. I wanted to train back at home. Shino was leaving today. Tae, Killian and Ushio would be leaving with him. I could see why they wanted to leave. Ushio was haunted by his father. Tae and Killian probably just wanted to go home and get some sleep. Shino really didn't have to do anything. I think he was just being generous to the three travelers who didn't want to get lost. And I could tell the rain was playing a big factor on everyone's mood. That day I said goodbye to Team 7 or what was left. Ushio gave me a small smile. I hoped he would be fine. Tae and Killian just smiled at me and Shino told me some choice words. 

"Kushina. Takeo is very different than any person I have ever met. I know he will teach you many useful things. Listen to him as you would listen to me. Now your messenger toad. Naruto told me you could use it?"

"Yes. I will send you a message through my toad saying when I'm coming back. Don't worry, Shino. I can take care of myself now."

Then they left without another word. I was left alone in a strange city with towering buildings and the smell of rain. I huddled closer to the jacket that Ushio had loaned me. Warm and inviting I almost wanted to go home. I had a duty though. 

I stood in front of Takeo's building. Its high metal form towering the sky. I jumped until I reached the top. He stood waiting for me. Like an omen. He no longer wore his cloak. Instead he wore a dark grey shirt that was ripped at the ends. He had huge biceps. I gulped. His hazel eyes looked over my slim form and he smirked. 

I felt smaller. 

"You ready?" He asked. 

"I think so." I stuttered out of my mouth. 

"Let's go. Keep up now."

He pounced off the building until his form disappeared. I cringed as I jumped off. I felt the wind rushing through my clothes. I squeezed my eyes shut and felt my body hit something. My fingers felt the soft feathers of a giant bird. I opened my eyes and saw that a giant eagle had caught me. It cawed a bright welcome. I somehow urged a laugh through my lungs as we soared through the sky. I saw Takeo standing on another eagle off in the distance. His was a dark brown speckled with black. Mine was brown with a white head and a golden beak. He stood tall and proud on his trusted friend. 

"Go on. Try it! I'll make sure you aren't going to fall off." The female eagle said to me. 

I slowly stood up with quaky legs. Then I felt it. 

My arms spread wide as I felt the wind and the freedom. I smiled and laughed at the joy running through my bones. I saw the grey sky and then the rainbow. The rainbow was back. I smiled harder. 

All the joy swelled my heart up. The female eagle cawed with delight at this feeling. 

The ground rushed past me as I felt the entire world leave my shoulders. I heard another laugh as Takeo flew by me. His silver hair waving in the faint breeze. 

"Eagles tend to have that effect on people." He yelled through the wind. I turned my head and dropped my arms. My cheeks rose in color. I was embarrassed. He suddenly plopped down onto his magnificent bird and I sat down too. He flew on ahead at that remark. 

The female bird took this chance to introduce herself. "Don't mind him. He's a little rude at times. My name is Refia. That is my brother, Hiroto. Takeo made a blood contract with us. He told us about you. The Uzumaki name lives in many of the summoning families. So does Pein but we banned him from our history all together. Your father was a great man. Takeo will make you stronger. I know that for a fact." 

I smiled at Refia. I trusted her immediately.

"Now child, sleep. Where we are going, it will take us a long time." 

"Where are we going exactly?" 

"A secret spring only known to the summoners such as Takeo. Its commonly known for beginner summoners. I don't qualify you as a beginner though." She squawked. 

I smiled and rested my head on the back of Refia's neck feeling her soft downy feathers in my hands. The wind continued to blow all around me. I was cold but I huddled closer into Ushio's jacket. I smelled it. Lavender. I closed my eyes and dreamed of flying through rainbows.