Chapter 25 Comforting

It hurt to breath. The acheness was to great for me to handle anymore. Naruto wasn't beside me. The Exams were still going on. I looked around and saw Seru in a worse condition than mine. Bandages rolled their way up his arms and legs. Blood sprouted on the white fabric. Gambunta did this. I felt better seeing him in a worse pain than me. I know I shouldn't have but the way he hurt me was the worst pain ever.

Nyen grabbed my arm and hoisted me up to the railing so I could see the battles still being carried out. Killian was fighting someone from the sand. His shadows spread across the arena and finally closed around his opponent. That was the happiest part of the day. Killian had won. Nyen, Killian and I would advance to the final test. The test that would call for a winner over all of the Chunin Exams and moved to be a Jonin.

I felt another comforting hand upon my back. I turned my head and saw a dark haired man standing next to me. No eyebrows and the same pale blue eyes that Nyen had. Gaara. Strapped on his back was his gourd. His mouth squeezed into a comforting smile.

"You did good out there Kushina. Just like your father." I remembered one night when father got drunk. He explained a story he had about fighting the now Fourth Kazegage. How now they were good friends. "Are you ready for the next test? It starts tomorrow so you have time to recuperate."

I nodded. "Nyen did well too. Her powers are amazing." Gaara blushed from the statement. I could tell he was proud of his daughter.

"She learns from the best." We both laugh as Killian runs up and hugs me.

"I'll kill that bastard if its the last thing I do." He murmured.

"No. Seru was just confused. He didn't know anything. I think I got him to think about something. Give him time." I didn't mean those words. Not one bit. I wanted Killian to feel reassured about it. Not worry.

"He hurt you. I can tell Kushina. He hurt my best friend. You trusted him. Why did he do it? That doesn't make sense?"

"I don't know." I murmur back to him. "I wonder if he will change."

The pain in my back increased. I sat back on the floor as it spread through my body. I didn't love Seru. He must've loved me enough but was hurt from it. He didn't know how to deal with being heartbroken. Neither did I.

"I'll take you back to your place." Killian said. Gaara grabbed my arm and picked me up.

"No. We got her. Go home and get some rest before the tests begin tomorrow." His tattoo shines in the flickering light of the arena. I grasped Gaara's shoulder and Nyen's as they carried me back to the apartment. Only they didn't take me to the apartment. I only instead smelled the delicious scent of ramen noodles.

"You are taking me out to eat? There is no need to-" Gaara shushed me and I looked out to see my father waiting. He ran and I felt his form on my body. His warm and comforting hold.

"Kushina....I'm sorry..." He whispered in my ear.

"Dad. Its alright. I'm fine."

"No you aren't. I can tell. I will kill that boy if he hurts you again."

Gaara pips in. "But he's the son of Sasuke! You can't kill one of your best friends children!"

His blue eyes flashed with anger deep inside him. A long sense of hurt. "He left the village too you know. Never looked back. Never thought about his friends who cared about him. Then he came back, different, angered, tortured. There is no indescribable feeling when he left. We searched for him but couldn't find him. I know what it feels like. If the Uchiha family even thinks of doing the same thing I will respond with full force."

My mind turned into a blur as the sun began to fade and the stars came out. The next thing I knew we were sitting in Ichiraku's. I had a big bowl of ramen steaming in front of me. I looked at the noodles but never picked up the chopsticks. I stared blankly. My heart was hurting me more than ever. Nyen beckons me with a slide of some chopsticks and a reassuring smile. I picked them up and stabbed them into the bowl of ramen.

With slow slurps I began to eat the now cold noodles. I thought about what my dad said. About protecting me at all costs. He had changed so much. I was grateful of his love now. His sense of protection and hope he casted on the village casted on me as well. Comforting. I then thought about the prophecy. Would dad die? No. He wouldn't. I did love him but I knew the prophecy couldn't be true.

I downed the bowl in seconds flat. I gave up on the prophecy.