Chapter 16

Percy's POV

We were walking home after finishing cleaning the pool. We weren't even talking really, it was a comfortable silence. I couldn't help but look over at Annabeth and think how actually gorgeous she was. Her hair was golden, actually golden. It fell in wild curls that ended halfway down her back. I'd often heard her complaining to her friends about how her curls were untameable and how she should always straighten them. She was wrong, they looked better all wild. She had no make up on. It suited her, she didn't need make up to show off her rosy cheeks and perfect lips. They were a dusty pink colour and her cheeks were flushed. Her skin was tanned, from this distance I could tell it was natural. It was also completely clear and flawless. She had long black eyelashes that framed her amazing eyes. They were grey and stormy and completely intimidating. They were calculating, always sizing something up. But sometimes they had a mischievous twinkle in them. I could actually look at them for ages.

"What are you looking at seaweed brain?" Her voice took me out of my trance. My face got hot as I realised I'd been staring directly at her.

"I, er, just looking at your hair, it's, um, really nice and curly?" I mentally facepalmed at my stuttering as she laughed at my red face.

"Well come on, I'm tired and cant be bothered to walk. So lets just hurry up so I can sit." She grabbed my hand and swung it backwards and forwards as she pulled me along. I pulled my hand free gently, and stepped in front of her. I held my arms out behind me. I looked back and she was clearly confused.

"Come on, if you're tired, jump on. I'll carry you back." She laughed

"Such a gentleman." She took a step forward and jumped on my back, wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. She squealed as I reaadjusted her so I could hold onto her lower thigh so she didn't fall off.

"Watch your hands Perseus." I couldn't see her but I could imagine her eyebrows raised and a little smirk on her face. I could feel my face going red. She noticed and laughed.

"I'm just kidding Percy. Now come on, I really want to meet your mum. She sounds awesome." I chuckled but kept walking. I chattered about my mum as we walked, telling Annabeth how cool she was. Annabeth didn't say much but she rested her head on my shoulder and nodded along every now and again in a very cute way. I was holding onto her so she'd unwrapped her legs and was swinging them as I walked.

We came to my apartment so she untangled her arms from my neck and hopped down. I opened the door to the amazing smell of my mum's cookies. Hell yeah.

"I'm home, I'll be in the kitchen." I heard Annabeth laugh behind me.

"Come on, you have to try these cookies. They are the best." I grabbed her and pulled her through the door, before pushing her through to the kitchen. On the table lay a freshly cooked batch of blue cookies. I grabbed three from the plate and offered one to Annabeth. She raised her eyebrows and took one anyway.

"Percy, aren't you going to introduce me?" My mum appeared from her bedroom.She turned to Annabeth. "I hope he's not being rude."

Annabeth laughed and shook her head, "He's actually been very good."

My mum's eyes widened in fake shock, "Well, there's a first time for everything I guess."

I rolled my eyes, "Mum, this is Annabeth. Annabeth this is my mum."

"Very nice to meet you Annabeth, Percy's told me a lot about you." I blushed.

"No I haven't! Come on Annabeth, lets go." I grabbed a few more cookies and Annabeth's hand and pulled her forwards my bedroom. I ignored my mum's gleeful smile.