Chapter 18

Annabeth's POV

I'd had a good day at Percy's house. His mum had taken Tyson out for the day so we just chilled out and watched films for a bit, before going to his bedroom and playing on his Xbox. Needless to say, I kicked his ass. I left his around half four and made my way back to Piper's, but not before making him promise he'd turn up. He rolled his eyes at my stubbornness but promised anyway.

I was at Piper's now, helping her get ready for that night.

"Come on, you actually expect me to believe you just fell asleep and didn't even do anything? I mean come on." She hadn't stopped interrogating me since I'd got back.

I sighed. "Yes, for millionth time, that's exactly what I expect. Percy is just a friend. Now can we please just focus on tonight without a murder?"

"Okay, maybe he's just your friend. But even you have to admit, he is hot. In a dark, brooding kind of way. Not really my type but still, his eyes are gorgeous."

I gave her a look and she held her hands up in defeat. I continued picking up my stuff that was sprawled across the floor. I must have kicked it off my bed in the night, I was a violent sleeper.

We'd decided it would just be a casual night so I was pretty surprised when Piper came out the bathroom wearing a skirt and what looked like a very uncomfortable top. I raised my eyebrows at her choice for a "comfy night in".

"Okay, okay. So maybe I'm a little overdressed. But Jason's coming! I can't look like a slob I'm front of him." Her eyes widened and her hands flew up to her mouth as she realised what she'd said.

I true to supress a laugh but it just slipped out. "You like Jason? Reyna may be a little jealous, Drew too."

Piper's face fell. "You think I shouldn't do anything about it?"

"Gods no, that's not what I meant. You should go for it! Reyna liked him a lot but he never liked her back, he was always super nice about it. And Drew, well Drew is jealous of anyone. Definitely go for it." Her face lit up and she nodded to herself. "But, it looks like you're trying too hard. Just relax, guys like it when you're just chill around them."

She ran back to the bathroom and came out wearing a much more appropriate outfit of leggings and a loose fitting, slightly cropped t-shirt. Her face was clear of make up and her hair was braided with feathers. I gave her a thumbs up and then headed into the bathroom myself.

I was borrowing some of Piper's clothes so I wore her black yoga pants and one of my old Bring me the Horizon t shirts. My hair was up in a ponytail with a few loose curls that wouldn't quite reach framing my face. I paired the outfit with a slightly too large, plain black hoodie of Percy's. Before I left Percy's house, he'd suggested I swap the hoodie I'd worn for pretty much three days straight for a different one of his. I secretly thought it was because he missed his favourite hoodie.

I left the bathroom to fund the population of the bedroom had tripled. Cally and Leo sat on the sofa/my bed and chatted to Piper. I liked Leo. Cally could often be a bit of a bitch but Leo and his carefree ways always seemed to calm her down and bring her back to earth. In that sense, they were prefect for each other.

"Hey guys, how've you been?" They turned to reply when the doorbell went. "Hold that thought." I darted from the room to answer the door.

It revealed a smirking Jason, a blushing Frank and a slightly worried looking Hazel. Jason was tall and muscular, with dirty blonde hair. For a jock, he was extremely well mannered and never got into trouble at school. The perfect opposite of Piper. I remembered Frank had once had a baby face and a muscular body but now he had clearly grown. His face was much more manly, though the blush that plastered his face right now made him look like a teddy bear all over again. I didn't know Hazel very well at all, I only knew her and Frank had kissed a few weeks ago meaning most of my friends were calling for her blood. She was very pretty, with chocolate skin and gorgeous caramel hair that fell in bouncy ringlets to her shoulders.