Chapter 19

~Thought I'd mix it up a little, so some of this will be in Piper's POV~

Piper's POV

What the hell was Reyna thinking, inviting that creep? She may not have known what happened the other day between him and Annabeth but she sure as hell knew he was her ex. Everyone knew. And everyone's expressions were exactly the same as mine, mouths hung open, eyes wide. Except Percy looked angry. Really angry. As in, "I will kill this bastard" angry. I suspected the only reason he hadn't already smacked Luke was the fact that his arm was still around Annabeth. I knew the they weren't just friends. Annabeth's eyes were scared though, as she looked at Luke. Oh hell no, this prick could not just walk in here and ruin a fun night.

"I think you should go Luke." He glared down at me as I spoke. I felt Jason tense up next to me.

"Hey, if Reyna wants me here then I'm staying. We are dating now." If it were possible, everyone's jaws would have dropped lower. I glanced at Annabeth. She looked sick.

"Yeah well unfortunately, this is my house. After what happened the other day, you know when you harassed Annabeth, I don't want you here." I turned to Reyna. "And I think you should leave too. If you thought it was okay to invite that."

Her cheeks flushed red. She took hold of Luke's arm. "Come on Piper, him and Annabeth broke up ages ago." Her expression turned to a hard sneer as she looked down at Annabeth. "Would have thought you were over it by now, since Luke clearly is."

Percy's eyes blazed and he started to stand. Surprisingly, Annabeth held him back. "You know what, Reyna, if you want him here then that's fine. As long as its okay with Piper, obviously."

She smiled at the two of them. Luke seemed annoyed by her calm manner. Annabeth was good. He was obviously only doing it because she turned him down. I realised everyone was looking at me. I gestured for the two of them to sit, a little sarcastically. Leo played the movie as they sat. Almost everyone relaxed back into their earlier seats, but it was clear no one was as comfortable anymore. I glanced sideways to see Percy's face hard with anger. His fists were clenched tightly as he glared down at Luke. I could hear Annabeth whispering to him, but I wasn't sure what she was saying. What ever it was though, it seemed to be working. His face relaxed, his fists unclenched and moved back around Annabeth.

Gods, it was so obvious he liked her. Even a blind man could see it. Her attention was on the movie but his eyes were solely on her. He smiled at her, laughing when she squealed at the film. I wondered if Jason was looking at me. Discreetly, I glanced up. Nope, his attention was fully on the film. But I had noticed his arm had slipped from my shoulders down to my waist. Maybe he just really liked gory films. Jason's arm tightened a little and I smiled. This would be a good night.

Annabeth's POV

It took all my strength to stop Percy from hitting Luke. But this was Luke. He was petty and childish so it was obvious he was just there to get a rise out of me. I was not going to give him that satisfaction. Plus, if I'm honest, I didn't want Percy to move. It was comforting, having his arms around me as we watched that horrible film. I hated movies like that, they were pointless. I just felt so comfortable around Percy, he reminded me of my old friends in a way. I found it a little crazy that in a week I'd gone from hating him, to him being one of my best friends. Cliché, I know. I hated when that happened in books I read. Two people would meet and become instant friends, that was just unrealistic to me. But now, with both Piper and Percy, that exact thing had happened. And surprisingly, I didn't mind it.

The film ended and we all stretched after being squashed up for so long. I smirked as I looked over at Luke and Reyna. He had a bored look on his face as Reyna tried talking to him. Percy noticed too and was also smirking at it. He threw his arm over my shoulder and leant down to my ear. "Thank you for not letting me smack him, this is much funnier."