Revelation

We finally stop in the living room and that's when my eyes zone into my drooping flower. Laying there all vulnerable. On the coffee table. It's petals touching the cold surface instead of being in my warm rough hands. I am itching to just take it and why don't I? Before I did , I noticed something around it; it kept sparking every 10 seconds indicating that it was still there. Then I realized that a force field was holding my droopy flower captive. I was so tempted to scream, yell and  shout at  him for doing this! He had no right in invading my privacy!

"Give me my droopy flower!" I growl

"I was just keeping it safe." He stated

"If anything happens to that flower God so help me!" I spit out venomously

"Alright alright!" he chuckled

Then out of the blue, there is a red button in the corner of the table that was not in my provisional vision before, or maybe I was so focused on getting my flower that I didn't care to look around. Things would have been a lot easier if I had seen that gleaming red button mocking me ,taunting me. And with a click ,the force field is being removed at an agonizing slow place. I finally leapt and cradled my drooping flower as if it were a new born baby.

After that he then proceeded to finish dinner and I left to go set the table. After 5 minutes of sorting out the forks from the knives and the spoons. Dinner is done. The aroma of food jumbled my thoughts. It ticked my nose buds. Making my mouth water in anticipation. It Made my fingers itch to gobble all the food right there and then. It was heaven. All the colours of the rainbow danced in front my eyes , I never seen food so rich , so vibrant.

During that delicious meal the mysterious boy finally decided to tell me his name. It was a simple name just Aiden. He was also left when the incident happened. He said his mum told him to run when these people that were greedy and wanted to control the world released chemicals of toxic gases. It ended up getting to our town where it killed many plants and people. However the droopy flower survived and ended up getting to me. He said after many months of camping out of the radioactive area he finally stumbled upon this place It used to be a warehouse , but after he converted it to be a house. His mum told him to run while she ran back to try save other kids and well... his dad died before he got to say bye. She said she would be back... but she never turned up. A lump formed in my throat threatening to spill. I couldn't let him see that I was affected , I hadn't shown emotion in over 18 years and I wasn't going to start now.

The atmosphere changed after that. No one made a sound. Just the occasional sound of us munching on the food. He then asked about my story, but I couldn't bring myself to speak. I didn't trust people because people always leave. My parents did after they said they wouldn't. So what's stopping him from doing the same? But I needed him on this journey to help me uncover unsolved clues like who made the incident happen , what caused the explosion?

I went to the guest room that was prepared for me it was bland no trace of any colour just badge walls. I liked it . What I did know whilst I was lying on this soft bed was that was I was looking for answers and he knew where to get them. We both wanted to know how the droopy flower may be connected to this somehow. And most importantly is there still human life out there.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

authors note:

So now we know the boys name is Aiden hmm.

comment what you think will happen in the next chapter .

so like , vote & follow it would mean a lot

signed: Precious