No more worries

"Glad to see you made it". That familiar obnoxious voice said. I looked to see the guy that sent us on this wild goose chase. He looked at me, then Ava and lastly Tara. His stare lingered on her more than necessary making the hairs on my arm lift up. I walked slowly to Tara. More for myself than her. I didn't want to be one step behind in this man's grand scheme if it involved Tara. I wouldn't let what happened before happen now.

"Have you got what I want?" The man asked calmly

"Yes". Ava said

She walked up to him when Tara intercepted and took the flower from her. She looked to me and said this is my flower , my problem and I'll deal with it. she even added a smile maybe to ease the rising tension and give myself and Ava reassurance but that just added to the nerves I felt inside. Everything was going to smoothly.

Tara walked up to him with ease. Like she had rehearsed this so many times. Her face holding a smirk like she knew something the rest of us didn't. The man looked calm. They both where to calm. I looked at Ava and she must have felt the same nervousness I felt but played it very cool. Tara stood in front of the man. She was a tiny bit taller than him but it didn't mean his presence was any less intimidating. He stretched his hand out and Tara dropped the flower in his palm. And walked swiftly back to us.

That's it? that's all? So there's no fighting or running for our lives. We are legit going to walk out of this scotch free? But then I remembered that the flower didn't contain anything of importance and a smirk graced my face too and if in the end he found this out well that's his problem to deal with. We were walking towards the door since we no longer had business here. It felt good to be finally free. No more impending doom over our heads. I looked at both girls as we headed towards the car.

"So who wants a coffee?" Tara asked and I laughed at the simplicity of question and how much a coffee would be nice about now. As I got into the driver's seat with Tara by my side and Ava in the back I dialled Fred to tell him all is well. He congratulated me and said there was a surprise waiting for us a home.

-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

authors note :

hey guys I am back and sorry for the log ass wait. so we are actually  almost at the end of this book. the next chapter is the end.

I am actually sad that this book is coming to an end. :( 

comment your favourite parts of the book and your favourite character ad why !!!!!!!

as usual : vote,comment and share

signed: precious x