Chapter 23: You'll be safe here

*JM’s POV*

HELLO. Jonathan Mikel Chan is here. It’s my first time to share my Points of View. Anyway, how should I start this one? I’m gonna introduce my self first. JM is my nickname. I studied Highschool in California and moved here in the Philippines to study here in Trinity Academy. I got my scholarship from Bench where I’m working in. They support my financial stuffs at Trinity. My father is a business man, holding a corporation for perfume industry while my mother is a plain executive housewife. Haha, no. Actually, she’s a fulltime painter and sculpturist.  I’m currently enrolled in Financial Management, a prerequisite to Accountancy. I just like to study Mathematics.

Anyway, too long for my own description. I’m not a heartthrob but Trinity calls me one. I just love playing basketball, and eat different Filipino foods like Tinapa and Pakbet. Well, I guess, I didn’t grow as brat boy or kinda maarte in ulam. I eat what the table serves.

“Ang saya dito no?”

“I told you so.”

She is Lyndsay Bernabe, the one who I want to spend my life with. I’m dead serious. The first time I met her was a fairy tale. Until the day I talked to her, it feels like fairy tale could really happen outside fictional books. I’m not gay but I actually am happy to be with her always. I just could feel that I’m her prince.  Anyway, I just don’t how to speak in Filipino fluently. I tried sometimes but it always sounds gayish due of course to my accent and diction. Haha. But actually, I can understand Flipino words sometimes but I actually can’t oftentimes.

“Hoy JM. Thank you ha. At least papano sumaya ako.” Then she smiled.

“Ha?” I know she said this moment made her happy but I honestly want her to repeat those words. It actually adds music to my ears.

“I said, I’m happy..”

“Because of what?”

“Because somehow, I have a guy friend. Takot kasi ako makipagkaibigan sa lalaki.”

“Ha?” I honestly didn’t understand what she just said in the last part.

“I said, I have a fear on boys!!!!” High pitch. Loud voice. Haha.

 I haven’t had the chance to reply cause we were hit by the giant waves of water. Haha. We’re here in an elevated swimming pool riding a boat. Haha. It feels like a moment in Star City.

“Awww!” She exclaimed.

“Lol for the water! It’s alright. I’m here..” I hugged her tight so she will always be safe from circumstances. Haha.

“Bitawan mo ako! It’s kinda awkward..”

“What’s awkward?”

“I said, let me go. Don’t hug me, cause I can carry myself.. Haha. Okay?” I still don’t let her go.

“In one condition… Haha.” I told her seriously.

“Condition?!” She looked into my eyes with “what the hell is going on here” face. Haha.

“Teach me how to speak Filipino..” I’m dead serious. That’s how I can obtain more closure with her.

“Haha.. Sure. So let me go na.”

“Okay.” I just held her hand so she will still be safe. The end of this pool is yet so far.

“Don’t hold my hand. I’m safe. Mamaya makita pa tayo ng tres marias. And they’re gonna kill me.”

“Who will do so?”

“Ha? Ano daw?! Basta, the TRES MARIAS WILL KILL ME!!!”

“Tres Marias?”