Chapter 24

Annabeth's pov:

I rested my head on Nates chest and sighed. I closed my eyes and listened to the beat of his heart. I opened my eyes and traced Nates tattoos with my index finger.

"Mmm."Nate replied I chuckled.

"I could get use to this."he said opening his eyes and looked at me.

"Get used to what having sex with me?"I asked arching my eyebrows. Nates face fell.

"Wha-what no, no that's not what I meant. I mean yeah it's great it's very good it's just that it's not what I..."Nate stuttered. I laughed. I kissed him to shut him up.

"Your too cute."I replied.

"But I was joking."I said laughing a little.

"Don't do that. Because I never want you to feel like that. Your more than that too me."he replied. I froze.

"I didn't mean to freak you out or anything." Nate said after a while.

"You know it would be a good time to say something."Nate replied scared. I couldn't I was frozen. I blinked a few times.

"Right sorry."I said looking at him. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I know you don't think of me like that."I replied holding his hand. I kissed his knuckles and looked at him. He gave me a look and I smiled at him for reassurance.

When he didn't say anything I spoke up.

"Nate I'm serious I know you don't. And I think it's sweet. So please stop making that face. Okay? I know your not like that. It's okay your okay."I said looking at him.

He nodded slowly. I smiled and put my hand on the side of his face. I made a face and Nate laughed. God how I loved his laugh. I smiled.

"Okay."he replied.

"Yay."I yelled out. Nate chuckled and pulled me into a hug. He kissed the top of my head. He reached over and turned off the light.

I looked at him and smiled.

"Goodnight Annabeth."Nate whispered.

"Night Nate."I whispered back. I kissed him for the last time and then buried my face in his chest. Nate wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

He sighed and once again I fell asleep to the sound of Nates heart beat.