Chapter vii: Black Crow

Ashven. ..

"Do not question me, Raven. This was given to me by a friend, he said that if my brother drink this it will make him feel better." I shift my gaze at the tea Lord Marcus has made. It looks stagnant making me wonder what is that thing he put a the cup. Do I take it and take a sip ? But I highly doubt Lord Marcus will take it kindly. He surely will barge into my masters room and demand him for a punishment I deserve. I sighed.

Lord Marcus is different from the gods I had encountered. Not just because he's my master's brother but the fact that he only acts to his role as the God of Love when he was in front of his brother. And when he's all alone that sweet aura will be replaced with dark and ominous ones.

"Are you listening to me, Raven. ?" Lord Marcus ask, annoyance written all over his face.

I just stared at him. Maybe I am really annoying him but I can't really explain this feeling. He seems off. Dangerously off.

I was about to tell him that I shall take the tea to my master in his stead but a man with orange hair approaches us. Lord Marcus stared at the man, recognition written all over his face and perhaps fear. But just how quick those appeared it quickly vanished as well. Must be my imagination. What would he be afraid of?That whats I thought.

And right now, I can't help but regret my actions. If I had insists to take that cup of tea, my King will be fine. But the thing is I didn't. I didn't do anything.

My God. Please give me strength.

I am Black Raven Ashven. I came from the mystical lineage of crow and was appointed to protect my King. Yet here he is unconscious even though this shouldn't have happened.
The sight before me surely kills me. My king was lying on his back. His scarlet red hair sprawled at his pillow. His now pale skin deeply contrast with his black lashes that framed those honey with purple hues eyes of his, but I cannot catch a glimpse of those orbs right now. I lowered my gaze. Away from my King that is suffering right now.

I was about to head out of the door when the Queen of all Fairies walked in. Her head held high yet I knew that the news has taken its toll on her. Betrayal. It is the most heavy offense at this Kingdom. The fact that Lord Marcus was the one who did this made everyone flare with anger. But the Queen didn't say anything. She just stood there frozen and unable to move when I confessed what happened. And now i know she's the most affected out us all. Her movement and stance show it all. Her Body Shows control yet her eyes held pain And Fatigue. Her now dulled jade orbs met my black ones making me immediately shift my gaze. It's too painful to see.

"Ashven. This is Miwa." I fixed my gaze at the man beside him. He's quite large compared to my frame and that is saying that I am far from being small. His dark brown hair reached his nape. His perfectly shape face is like a well sculpted art. He has high cheekbones and sharp jaw. His dark brows knitted together as he met my gaze with those gray eyes of his.His nose is a little crooked yet it matches his rugged looked very well. His bow shaped lips pursed in a thin line making him look like scowling. When I realized I am being rude I quickly shift my gaze to the fairy queen who's now explaining the reason for the mans presence in the room.
"He will help our King." The Queen continued as she realized that I am not gonna comment at her decision. She looked unsure yet determined. I want to tell it's not a very good idea but i know I can't deny her this. So I just nod and stepped away from the room where my master lies.

I hoped that whatever they do, it does not include endangering my masters life any further.

My mistake is enough. Another one is not needed.