Chapter 16

Iyla's POV

The ship docked at the port around ten this morning. Everyone was quick to file off of the boat. By everyone, I mean everyone except the humans. With the humans not knowing what is currently going on in our world they saw no problem in staying on the boat a little longer.

Zayn had his family and I quickly ushered off of the boat, and heavily escorted to a black SUV that was waiting for us.

It has been two hours into the trip home and we are only halfway there.

Zayn is sitting in the front barking orders to Frank and some other men on his phone. Trisha keeps talking about the wedding that we decided to move up.

Honestly, I think she is about to have a heart attack. How the woman managed to find wedding books on a boat I do not know, but she did.

I have been sitting here listening to her talk about color schemes, themes, invitation ideas, guest list, seating arrangement, flower, and a multitude of other things that I do not understand.

While Trisha rambles on about how she thinks I should wear a simple, but elegant dress, I zone out.

My vision blurs as I stare at some dress that is on a page in the bridal magazine. My breath gets caught in my throat as an image of me in that horrid dress comes to mind.

Oh my god. I'm getting married. Like legally married. This is not one of those kid things where you act like you are getting married and then share candy. This is the real deal.

We will actually be spending money on this thing. I am going to have to buy a dress and all that other necessary shit you need for a wedding.

HOLY SHIT!

"Iyla, Iyla are you listening to me?" Trisha snaps in front of my face.

I blink a few times and lightly shake my head.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I ask.

"I was asking what did you have in mind for the wedding?"

What did I have in mind? You know that is a really good question. I have not thought about this wedding at all. Even when I had months to plan this out, I never thought anything about it.

Looking at Trisha, I shrug.

"I have not really thought about the wedding." I respond.

Trisha sighs.

"Iyla, I know that there is a lot going on, but this is the most important day of your life. You must of had some kind of vision about your wedding as you grew up." She playfully scolds me.

"Maybe we could have the ceremony in a beautiful garden, or under a really big tree." I say.

"Why would we do that?"

"I like the outdoors, so why not?"

Trisha slowly nods her head.

"Okay, I guess we could do that." She mumbles.

Doniya gasps and reaches across me for her mother.

"I know the perfect place for the wedding. We could do it at that cute little manor-"

I stopped listening once again.

I know I should probably be more excited about my wedding, but to be honest I'm not. I can't exactly pinpoint why I am not extremely happy, but I am content.

Zayn is a good guy and I know he will protect me, but he is no Niall.

Niall has this aura that shines so bright that nothing can put out. Niall loves to have fun and try to act his age. Zayn on the other hand is more dark. He cares more about order and business, than he does about his own happiness.