Chapter 32

Iyla's POV

Two and A Half Months

These past two months have been incredible, but it's time that I start to come to reality.

For the past few weeks, I have been running around like I have all the time in the world, but I don't.

In just two weeks, I am going to have to stand in front of the council with my decision.

I now have to make one of the hardest decisions of my life. Zayn or Niall?

Gosh, I never thought it would come down to this.

For most people it's an obvious choice. 

Niall.

He's sweet and caring. He's the kind of guy that will give you the moon and the stars. He'll take you to different places and show you many different things, but there will never be a place like home.

I guess that scares me a little bit.

To Niall home is his friends and family. Does that mean they would be around all the time? 

I get that having his friends and family around is a stupid reason to not want him, but I don't know. There's just something about having them watch over me every second of every day.

It's like they are all worried something bad is going to happen to me all over again.

Zayn, on the other hand, is completely different.

He's this rough around the edges bad boy. He comes into your life shakes it up a bit and leaves you completely unstable and confused.

But, there is some kind of excitement in that. The fact that you never know what he is going to do is like a thrill.

A crazy, dangerous, intoxicating thrill.

But that adrenaline rush of a thrill is what almost got me killed.

That's the difference between Niall and Zayn.

Niall will do anything to make sure that I am safe and out of harms way, while Zayn will do anything to make sure he gets his point across to his enemy. Even if that means having me killed by them.

But, I don't have time to think about this, much less come to a decision.

Today, Niall's family is hosting a picnic.

Apparently, Maura doesn't want the humans in the neighboring towns to think that the Angels are going to turn and try to slaughter them all. So she figured the bets way for them to believe that the Angels are staying neutral in the war is to hold a picnic that welcomes anyone that wants to come.

The invitations were sent out at the beginning of the month to every single household in every neighboring town.

All of the Angels have been talking about it.

They seem quite excited to be able to talk to humans in a place where they are comfortable and know that they are safe.

I was never informed about the picnic, so I have to look through all of my clothes and find a suitable outfit.

I managed to find a simple off the shoulder white romper that I'm pairing with sandals and a shawl.

Nothing too special, but I think it will be perfect for today. The sun's shining and we'll be outside, so something short and simple sounds like a smart idea.

The picnic started a little over an hour ago, but I haven't exactly worked up the nerve to go outside yet.

I don't know why, but I think it's that act of interacting with other humans.