Chapter 40

Iyla's POV

Bubble baths are so relaxing.

No, seriously. They are.

I don't know who came up with the idea of a hot bath with different smelling oils and soaps, but they are absolutely genius.

I haven't had one of these in forever.

Niall's mother thought that bath tubs took up too much space so she only has showers in her  house. It was the weirdest thing every really.

What woman wouldn't want a bath tub to relax in?

I mean, the idea of sitting back in a tub full of piping hot water that covers all of your skin up to your neck while soft music plays in the background is so appealing.

If I wasn't in one right now, I would absolutely want to take one.

The hot water just relaxes your muscles and slowly melts away all of your troubles. Maybe that's why I'm such a crying mess. I haven't had a good bubble bath in three months. That should be illegal.

Everybody needs to relax. Even if it's for a few minutes.

Then again, I've had three months to relax. I guess you can say I did relax. Me being gone was a vacation that turned into an almost romance.

I should have known better. Stuff like that doesn't happen in real life, it only happens in movies.

Sigh. 

Grabbing my little bath sponge, I lather it in coconut smelling soap and begin to wash the lavender and jasmine oils off of my body.

There's a light knock on the door as I'm releasing the water from the tub.

"Come in."

The door slowly opens and in walks a maid.

She gives me a small smile and sets a thing of towels next to the tub.

"His majesty wanted me to help you get ready." She whispers.

I giggle a little and cover my mouth.

"Is there something wrong?" She asks.

"No. It's just that I've never heard anyone call Zayn his majesty. He's hardly any kind of royalty." I answer.

She slowly tilts her head to the side and gives me a strange look.

Her eyes slowly run over my naked, folded figure. It's almost like she's studying me. 

I loudly clear my throat and she shakes her head.

"I'm sorry." She whispers.

"It's okay." I respond. "You can tell Zayn that I don't need help getting ready. I can do that on my own."

Even though she is still looking at the ground  I see her eyes widen as starts to stiffen up.

"I mean, unless you wanna stay in here.  You can help me find something, so that way I guess you did get me ready."

She releases a deep breath and happily nods.

I nod my head and grab the towel on the edge.

"Why don't you go start looking for something? I'm just gonna dry off." I say.

She gives me a quick curtsy before scampering out of the bathroom.

Not knowing what to say, I quickly wrap the towel around myself and step out of the tub.

Once I'm kind of dry I walk out of the room.

The maid is currently laying multiple articles of clothing onto the bed.