Chapter 29

Iyla's POV

As we walked through the front door of Niall's home, I was in complete awe.

It was different than when I was walking through Zayn's house. Zayn's house was big enough to hold majority of the people he rules over. I was in awe of the architectural beauty. It didn't really feel like much of a home, more like a piece of work.

Whereas Niall's house was the complete opposite.

Niall's house was so warm, and I'm not talking about the temperature. The house had this sense of being home. It's like when you've been on a long trip for the past few month, but walking through the door you know you could take you shoes off, throw yourself on the couch and rest while someone offered to prepare you a home cooked meal.

It was by far relaxing.

"Does everyone live here?" Jake asks.

Niall shakes his head. "Just my parents and I. My older brother is married, so he thought it would be best to have his own place."

I nod my head in understanding.

"Can you both wait here for a second? I need to check something." Niall says.

We both nod our heads and watch as he walks through the living room.

"This place is going to change me." Jake whispered from behind me.

I laugh.

"How could that possibly happen?"

His eyes go big.

"I forgot what the Angels are like, but now I remember."

"And that's a bad thing because?"

Jack sighs heavily.

"The Angels are always this silent. In the Demon's house we know what's going on every minute of every day because we hear it all. Here, you won't even know there are children running around. I mean they do live by themselves, but that's what I'm talking about. Everyone is so distant. There is barely any sort of interaction that takes place among them!" He bellows.

I hold up my hand.

"Okay first, you need to calm down. You act like you're gonna die because it's quiet around here. Second-"

"Angels are actually very social creatures. I don't know what town you may have lived in before, but everyone around here meets weekly." Niall interrupts.

I turn around and give him a look.

"How did you know?" Jake asks.

"I remembered your face. Not to mention we rarely have Angels that ask to be stripped of their wings. There have probably been ten, maybe less, cases. We always like to watch those few and try to figure out their reason for leaving us. Out of all of them, you're the only one who has done it for love. It kind of amazes us."

Jake says nothing, he just silently nods his head.

"I'm sorry for making the two of you wait. Follow me and I'll show you to your rooms." Niall respectively said.

"My room will be near Iyla's, correct?" Jake asks as we walk down the hall.

"Your room is directly across from her's. That's why I had to excuse myself. I didn't have the chance to tell my mother that you had been sent on guard duty, so I just wanted to make sure that the room across from her's is still empty. Which it is." Niall states.

Jake says nothing else as we begin to walk up the stairs.

"So, it's just your family that lives here?" I ask Niall.