Chapter 3

Iyla's POV

After Luke left I sat in the living room listening as Iris continued to break things in the kitchen.

Finally sparking up the nerve I walked out of the living room, up the stairs and into my study where my phone was.

I took a deep breath as I picked up the phone and dialed my dad's office number.

Ring ring ring

"Hello this is Natalie speaking, how may I help you?" Natalie, my dad's assistant, said with a giggle through the line.

"Natalie. Why are you answering my dad's phone?" I ask confused.

"Umm. Your dad stepped out for a moment and I thought the call might be important. Silly Iyla you should know this by now. Your dad is a very busy man, now if you don't mind we have a meeting to get back to." Natalie says breathless.

"How about you stop being a fucking home wrecker? We all know you're screwing my dad." Natalie gasps.

"Iyla Marie Zeller don't you dare speak to Natalie that way!" My dad yells through the phone.

"Whatever." I sigh. "I was calling to let you know I've been chosen by the soon to be ruler of Hell, but it's obvious you're quite busy-"

"Iyla that's not funny." My dad says in a serious, low voice.

"Just meet us at the St. Regis Hotel downtown at six thirty. Oh and I will be telling mom about your little activities with your assistant." I solemnly say.

"Oh Iyla, please don't." My dad desperately asks.

"I'm sorry. I'm not gonna keep lying for you. This was the last straw. Fire Natalie or I'll go to Paul." I hang up the phone.

As I'm leaving the study the phone starts to ring, but I ignore it.

Walking towards my room I hear Iris cursing the Heavens for ever letting me be born. I roll my eyes and walk into the room at the end of the hall.

When I walk in I see my mom laying in her bed staring out the window. Her hair is very thin and oily, her cheeks are hallow, she has bags under her eyes, and her body is very frail.

My mother turns her head once she hears me walk in. A huge smile spreads across her face.

"Oh sweetie. Why the sad face?" She asks in a slow tone.

I shake my head.

"Obviously it's something if you look like that." I sigh.

"I found out some stuff about dad."

"What did you find out?"

"Well." I sigh as I take a seat next to her bed. "I called to tell him that I was chosen and the guy that chose me wants to talk to both you and him, and Natalie answered."

"His assistant?" I nod.

"She sounded kind of breathless. I didn't know how to respond, but when she tried hanging up on me I told her to stop screwing dad. He begged me not to tell you, but I figured that I've been hiding his secrets for too long. I told him to fire Natalie or else I'd go to Paul and tell him about his wife's affair."

My mom sighs and shakes her head.

"Who chose you?"

"The soon to be ruler of Hell. His name is Zayn Malik." My mom chuckles.

"Your sister has been dreaming about being with him since she saw him when she was ten. She must be angry."

"Angry doesn't describe how she feels. She's been breaking stuff in the kitchen since he left and has cursed the Heavens for letting you conceive me."