[Clean] KanekixReader: Ghouls

Might make you feel bad...?

Sad plot but happy ending kinda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~Firetwerks~

The number of deaths has increased due to the violence of ghouls. People grew paranoid and started to question friends and family around them, thinking that they were ghouls. You have been careful with the people you meet and the things you do when going out. Yes, you didn't like to go out when it's dangerous around the city but it was worth it to you. Your boyfriend Kaneki has been there for you and always warns you not to go out as much. Both of you have been going out for almost a year, he's changed a bit, he obviously had something to hide but since you didn't like to push it, you leave it alone.

One day, while going go the cafe he works, you notice he's not there. Only a couple of workers were there, but they were quiet, sad. You got concerned and walked up to the man at the register. He looked up and smiled at you, you knew it was a forced smile, but you smiled back.

"How can I help you today?" His voice sounded tired, but he tried his best to sound a bit cheerful.

"Uh- I'm sorry but may I please talk to Kaneki?" You asked timidly.

His expression changed and shook his head, "I'm terribly sorry, but he's taking some time off." He forced another smile, "Would you like me to pass him the message?"

You froze a bit, "No, it's fine, thank you very much." You bowed and went out.

Why isn't he at work? Why didn't he tell me?

Days, Weeks pass, every day you would go to the cafe and check if Kaneki was back. They would tell you the same thing over and over again. "He's taking some time off." "He might be back in a couple of days."

Walking back home disappointed as another day passes without a trace of Kaneki, you hear a large explosion and stop in your tracks. You look up to see big clouds of black smoke covering the sky, fear spreads all over your body. Your brain tells you to run to safety but your heart says to help the people that need it, there might be injured people. Even though a girl like you shouldn't run towards things like this, you still had a heart and wanted to help.

You ran through so many streets, your legs were exhausted, but the adrenaline helped you through it. As you run to the park you see the sky start to snow, you thought it was your imagination but you could have sworn you saw a figure with white hair. Stopping to catch your breath, you hide behind some trees and try to get a closer look at the figure. It was a very thin boy with ripped clothing, he has no shoes on. He is slowly walking towards your direction, but he didn't notice you. You walked up to him, he stopped in his tracks and his eyes widened as they set on you.

"You must be cold!" You take off your scarf and try wrapping it around his neck. He stops you by gently grabbing your wrist, having a closer look at him your eyes widen. "K... Kane...ki?" Your eyes immediately pour tears at his sight. You wrap your arms around him in a tight hug, the tears staining his shirt as you bury your face into his chest. "I thought... I lost you..." Hiccups and weeps come out of your mouth, his scent was definitely different, but you didn't care one bit about it.

He slowly looks down at you with his expressionless face. "I can't be with you..."

You freeze and slowly look up to his face. "W-what...?" Even more tears stream down your face with confusion clouding your mind.

"It's dangerous to be with me..." His tone is low, and his face saddens, "I have to leave forever."

As he looks at you, you notice his left eye, it's black. You let out a tiny gasp and loosen your grip, "Kaneki... you're a... ghoul...?"

His eyes widen again and realize that his eye was exposed to you, he reaches up to cover his eye but you hold onto his hand and stop him. A weak smile forms on your face, "I'm not scared..." You gently put your hand on his pale cheek, "I don't care if you're a ghoul... I want to be with you, support you. I'll love you no matter what..."

His cold cheek begins to warm up from your body heat, he slowly makes a small smile and puts his hand onto yours. "I love you too, (Y/N)."

~SparkleSparkledesu~

Forgive me I was bored~