[Clean] KanekixReader: Regrets 2

I decided to milk your pain out some more.

I mixed it up a bit and put two choices in this story, they're both going to be separate but read both if you want and tell me what you chose at the bottom of the chapter <3

----

10 Years have passed since you said those things that you didn't mean to say.

4 Years have passed since you opened the gift Kaneki gave you before disappearing.

You lay on your bed in your 1 bedroom apartment playing with the heart locket that is around your neck, "Kaneki..." You whisper as fresh tears slowly fall down, soaking your pillow. Ever since you opened that gift you wore it and never taken it off since then. You lived on your own, had a small job that would be enough to pay rent and food. Your parents still called once in a while because of how worried they were for you. You got up and wiped the tears that hung on your cheeks, it was time to go out and move on, even though it's been years and the amount of time you spent in the house secluded made you rusty with socializing.

Getting up, you looked at the mirror, seeing yourself all pale and thin made you wince at how different you were since back at high school. This was a completely different person. When you finished getting whatever you found in the closet on, you opened the door and calmed down your breathing. You planned on doing things little by little, first week will just be walking around a couple of blocks and getting some healthy sun on you. The next week will be on visiting a small park and see the little kids play random things. The other weeks after were planned later, for now you just took small strolls around sunny areas. You breathed the fresh air and you slowly started to smile, it has been a while since you've done this.

After that, when you got out of work you would change into comfortable clothes and go for a walk, sometimes you would push yourself and walk longer than the other days. The next week came and you went out and sat on a bench in the park, seeing all the kids play happily made you feel warm inside. You slowly started getting some color on your skin but you couldn't get your weight to go any higher, in fact, it slowly went down. Third week came quickly and you gulped nervously, you planned on going to a small cafe, one that didn't get many customers but it still had some come by. It wasn't easy, yes you have been to crowded places like those before but only with your parents when they wanted to take you out to lunch and get you out of the house. Going in by yourself was nerve raking, it's like losing your mother at the grocery store at the age of 10.

It took you a while but you went in and sat at the table that's in the corner. You patiently waited for service and a woman came up to you, "Welcome! You must be new here!" she smiled and gets her pen ready to write down your order, "What would you like? I would love to recommend our popular order of the week~" She continues on and you ask for a nice piece of (Fav Pie) with coffee.

You waited and someone else came to give you your order, you look up to see who it was and your eyes widen in shock. Kaneki lightly laughed and placed your order on the table, "Here's your order! Please tell me if you need anything else." He hasn't noticed who you were, probably because you're so different, but he looked almost the same. His features sharpened a bit, his jaw was more refined and his hair looked smoother than before; however, his eyes completely changed, they show loneliness even when he smiles, and his smiles look fake.

I'm not okay... but I will smile anyway, for you and for me...

Without realizing it, you burst into tears as you stared at him, he panics and doesn't know what to do. "A-ah! Are y-y-you okay!?" His arms are hesitating on whether he should hold you for comfort or to grab the napkins to wipe off your tears.