Chapter 1

---Leah

It's been three years since Greg was officially placed into the friend zone. I was currently in a serious relationship with one of my college interests. The strange thing is, he knows Greg. I just had my 23rd birthday and Nathan's 21st was coming up. He was nice enough to pay my way into a strip club under the condition that I only looked and didn't touch. Well, kind of hard not to touch when they are literally almost sitting in your lap.

Nathan's such a sweet, loving man. He doesn't really have a mean bone in his body. I did tell him that if he was to come meet my parents in the future and if we were to come across Greg and his son that there was a fair chance that Jr. might call me mommy. It just depends. I did in fact know that Greg was in a new relationship and his son adored her.

I was in my little studio in my apartment painting the canvas that Nathan bought me for my birthday. I'm an artist, but my major is Medical. I was in med school and on my 2nd year and after all the basics I might consider doing something else. I wasn't sure.

"Hello gorgeous." Nathan said coming in placing his hands on the ladder I was sitting on.

"Don't make me fall." I said.

"I'm not going to make you fall." he said. He was 6 foot 2 which was giant in comparison to my 5 foot 7 body. We've been together for almost 3 years. He was 18 when we met and it was after I sort of removed Greg from that part of my life. "I'm not that mean."

"You don't have a mean bone in your body."

"You're the mean one. Walking around here dressed in desirable clothing."

"No one said you had to look."

"I can't help it. I admire what I consider mine."

"I'm not a property." I said.

"I meant that you are my girlfriend. Making you off limits to other people."

"That applies to you too." I said turning around on the ladder. He slid his hands around my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders. He caught me as I stepped off the ladder. He held me against his body. "What do you want for your birthday?" I asked him.

"I don't need anything. I already have you." he set me down and kissed me softly.

"I said the same thing and you sent me to a strip club."

"You had friends to go with and I completely and totally trust you."

"You can go to a male strip club." I said. He laughed.

"No. I'm as straight as a board."

"Prove it." I said.

Morning came, I was already up and finishing packing. Nathan was still lounging in bed. "Get up lazy." I said.

"I still have abnormal swelling." I threw one of his shirts at him. "Doctor fix it." he said pulling me into his lap.

"You'll live." he kissed me softly. "We have to be there in time for dinner. Our plane leave in two hours."

"Okay, okay." he said. "Will I be able to stay in the same room as you?"

"That's all up to on how my dad feels about you sleeping with his only daughter."

"I can be good."

"For how long?"

"Maybe the weekend. I won't know for sure until I know I'm cured and you won't examine me."

I laughed and accepted his kisses. "Will you please start packing?

"Only because baby asked nicely."