Chapter 11

---Leah

I was holding Nathaniel James Jefferson Jr., born at 11:17 P.M. weighing 10 pounds 4 oz.  Nathan was had his arm resting around me and our new baby.  "He's such a beautiful baby boy."  I said.

"Of course.  He came from you."  Nathan said.

"He's handsome just like his daddy."  I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

A week later, Liam identified who had kidnapped him.  It was my mother.  Nathan said that Greg brought him home.  I was holding Nate Jr. while sitting on the couch.  Nathan was in the kitchen making dinner.  "Hey babe?"  I said walking in with Jr.

"Yes?"

"What's for dinner?"

"Just sandwiches.  I'm tired and have a headache."

"That's fine.  I'm tired too."  He kissed my cheek.  "Your son isn't."  Nate Jr. was looking around wide awake.

"He'll be asleep soon.  If he's anything like me."

****Jumping ahead a bit.  Soon I will switch characters to one of Nathan and Leah's children.  Liam is 22, Lena and Eliza are 21, Nathaniel is 16, Alyssa is 15, and Johnathan and Katie are 10.

---Leah

Married for 22 years and together for almost 25.  Nathan had a small amount of grey in his hair and we both didn't even look like we were even slightly over 35.

I was making dinner when my three oldest children walked in, returning from college for Christmas break.  Liam here with his pregnant wife of one year and Lena and Eliza here with their mates.  Lena's mate Travis and Eliza's mate Jeremiah.

Jr was outside with Johnathan and Katie.  Alyssa was in my studio working on her sketches.  Nate and I bought her a bunch of art supplies.

"Is daddy here yet?". Alyssa asked walking in.

" Not yet honey.  He's stuck in traffic, there was an accident and he stopped to help."

Other than Katie, Alyssa is the ultimate daddy's girl.  What she really wanted was for her dad to take her out driving.  She loved driving his pickup.  It was the ideal truck for her.  I hate driving in the snow so when it was winter time Nathan did the teaching.  He even drove me to the hospital for work.

After dinner, I saved Nathan a plate and asked Lena and Eliza's mates to move the two cots into the living room.  Liam and Clarissa were staying in the bedroom by the bathroom.  Lena and Eliza were staying in the newly done attic.

Travis and Jeremiah agreed to stay in the living room.

The front door opened about two hours later and Nathan walked in.  "Hello family."

"Hi honey.  I saved some dinner."

"Thank you.  I'm starving.". He gave me a kiss.  "Happy anniversary of the day we first met and the day you agreed to go on our first date."

"How did you and dad meet anyway?". Alyssa asked

"Your mom tells it much better than me."

"Your dad was, is, and always will be a child."

"Only at heart.". Nathan said.

"Well, I was home for Christmas break and was just walking around."

"She was crying because of a jerk.". Nathan said.  " To upset to be working around."

"I'm supposed to be telling the story.". I said slapping Nathan's arm.

" You are baby.  I'm just giving extra input. "