Chapter 12

Alyssa is 16 and the middle child pretty much.  She's the ultimate daddy's girl and when she wants to be she's a momma's girl.  She gets most of her smarts from her mother and she wants to become a doctor after high school, college, and med school.

---Alyssa

I was stuck in the back for every trip.  Everyone else was either talking or coloring or sleeping.  I had my headphones in my ears listening to the audio book for Twilight, my dad wasn't a fan, but he knows how my mom and I are about books so he bought it for me.  I moved my headphones.  "Hey daddy?"

"Hey Alyssa?"  he asked looking in the rearview.

"Can we make a bathroom stop please?"

"About a mile away, okay?"

"Okay."  It was summer break and we were going to visit Liam then Lena then Eliza.  Not exactly in that order.  Then we were going to have a big family dinner.  Dad pulled into the rest stop and I climbed out the back door.  He shut it behind me and helped my mom out of the car.  She had a broken ankle and was on crutches.   I waited for my mom as we went into the restrooms.  

I ran into a giant guy.  He cornered me.  "Hey baby, what brings you here all by yourself?"  He touched my face and I slapped his hand down.  He grabbed my throat.  I saw my dad running to my rescue.  I put my hands between his arms and grabbed the back of his neck.  I pushed him down and kneed him in the nose.  He stumbled back.  My dad shoved him away from me and my mom.  He hugged me and my mom.  My mom took the back seat so she could lay down with her foot up.  I sat in the front seat rubbing my neck.

"Ali, are you sure you're alright?"  I nodded.  "When we get to Lena's let her take a look at it.  Mom would have done it but she's too tired right now."

"Okay."

"So, where'd you learn to do that?"

"Do what?"

"What you did back there?"

"Mom and I went to those self defense classes remember?"

"Oh, right."

"Next time aim for his baby maker."  Jr. said.  I laughed.  My dad shook his head.

"Nathan..."

"What?"  Jr. asked.  "It's simple logic isn't it?  He could have raped her had you not been there and had her not known that things she did.  Aim for the baby maker to make him infertile."  My dad cringed at the thought of that guy raping me.

"Next time, aim for the baby maker."  my dad said making his point clear.

We got to Lena's and she checked for further injury.  She's a paramedic working toward her medical degree.  I went for a walk to the park and saw a bunch of guys playing basketball.  The ball rolled to my feet.  "Pass it here cutie."  I picked it up and tossed it making it into the hoop and the guy with the black hair caught it.  I continued my walk and the guy appeared in front of me.  I backed away.  "Hey girl."  I fell into strong arms.

"Easy."  the guy said.  The other one tried to grab me.  I kicked him hard in the stomach and struggled against the other guy.  "Hey!  I'm not going to hurt you!"  my feet were grabbed and I bit the other guys hand.

---Nathan

"Daddy!"   Alyssa practically screamed in my head.  I grabbed the side of my head.

"Nathan?  What is it?"

"Aly."  I ran down to the park with Travis and saw Alyssa trying to get free from some guys.  "HEY!  Let my daughter go right now."  Travis kept Alyssa behind him and she cried into her hands.  "What the fuck is going on here?"

"Elder Jefferson, I'm Matthew, the Alpha of the Kiri pack.  This is my Beta Nick.  We saw your daughter dealing with a jerk and I stepped in to help.  She fell into me and I was trying to help her up and keep her away from the other guy.  I wasn't going to hurt her sir."

"She was nearly raped about two hours ago, so that is a lot of her problem right now."

---Alyssa

A week later, I was tired of getting harassed and having to have my dad come to the rescue.  I was at the mall with Lena and Eliza when I smelled something that made my wolf go stir crazy.  I looked in the direction it was coming from and there was a guy with glasses sitting at a table reading a book.  He was muscular and not exactly the nerdy type aside from the glasses.  He looked like he was at least 18.

"Ooh.. someone found their mate."  The guy looked at me and grabbed his book standing up.  He walked over.

"Ladies."  he said with a smile and a nod.  "Hi."  he said to me.

"Hi."  I said.

"I'm Mitchell Kline.  You are?"

"Alyssa Jefferson."

"No way."  he said.

"What?"

"You're Nathan Jefferson's daughter?"  he asked.

"One of them.  My sisters Lena and Eliza are here with their mates."

"Where's your mate?"  he asked.

"Haven't found him."  I said.  I looked and saw that Lena and Eliza were a distance away now.  "You?"

"I'm looking at her."  he said biting his lip.  My wolf jumped for joy.  "How old are you?"  he asked.

"16."

"I'm 18.  Are you busy tonight?"

"My brother's coming to visit with his wife.  We're having a family dinner."

"Oh.  How 'bout tomorrow?"

"I'd have to ask my dad."  I said.

"Okay.  Can I call you?"  I grabbed the pen from my pocket and he offered his hand.  I wrote my cell number down on his palm.  "Awesome.  It's great to finally meet you."

"Bye."  I said.

The next day, I finished my chores and went into the kitchen where my dad was working on some paper work.  "Hey daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Can I go out tonight?"

"With who?"  he asked.

"His name is Mitchell.  He's 18 and he's willing to pick me up and meet you and mom."

"What time?"

"7."

"Make it 6, so we can really get to know him."

"Dad, please try to be nice.  He is my mate."  I said.  He looked up at me.  "Please?"  he sighed and nodded.

"Okay.  He does one thing, one thing at all to take away your smile, I will inflict bodily harm."  he said.

"Thank you."  I kissed his cheek and went upstairs to get ready.