Chapter 52 (Last of this book)

This chapter is a transition to a new book.  Hunter's story is next which is in the view of his mate, Lindsey.  Now Hunter is 13, Trent (TJ now goes by Trent) is 11, Katrina is 8, and Lucas is 5.  Preston and Mindy are still going strong after 11 years.  Mindy is pregnant with their last child.  They are officially done moving around and are back in New York.

---Mindy

"Hunter, you're father is waiting in the truck.  You're going to be late for school."

"I'm going."  he said grabbing his pop tarts.  His friends wear chains and have their pants hanging off their ass.  Hunter was slowly transforming into that.

"Don't forget your belt."  I said holding it out to him.  He jerked it from my hand.  I flinched.  He saw enough times growing up when Jerry would hurt me since Preston came into our lives.

"Apologize to your mother right now."

"I didn't do anything."

"You heard me."

"You're not my father you can't tell me what to do."  he ran outside and got in his friend's car.

"Just relax.  I'll handle it.  Do you need a ride to work?"  I nodded.  He held my hand and led the way to his truck.  We got a car for me when I had the kids with me.  When I didn't, I'd be in my truck.  He helped me into the passenger seat.

---Preston

I was waiting in front of the school, Hunter came out to the truck and got in.  "You hurt your mother every day."  I said.

"What?"

"She makes sure you are taken care of and have everything you need.  You need to back off and stop being rude to her.  She's the only one you have."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh I don't?  She was going to go to work but she didn't because she's been crying all day.  I know I'm not your father, but I promised your dad that I would look after your mother and you and TJ.  Just because you hate me doesn't mean you have to hate your mother."

"I don't hate you or my mom."

"Then you need to apologize to her as soon as you get home.  She's pregnant and she doesn't need to worry one day to the next about whether or not you are going to be aggressive toward her."

---Hunter

I walked into the house and found mom in the kitchen.  "Hi mom."

"Hi.  How was school?"

"The usual.  I'm sorry about this morning.  I was rude.  It will never happen again."

"Okay."  she hugged me.

"Go work on your homework.  I need to talk to mom."  Preston said.

"Right.  Same thing every day.  Dad wants to make out with mom in the kitchen."  I said.  Mom laughed.  

"Maybe so, but you have homework to do."

During dinner, Preston cracked his usual dinner jokes making everyone laugh.  My mom finished her plate and Preston stood up.  "More or finished?"