Chapter 6

---Leah

6 months later, I discovered what I could and couldn't eat. I couldn't eat a lot of my favorites. Nathan was in the kitchen filling out job applications because he hated where he was working at now and he had a degree in business. I put on my coat and grabbed my purse. "I have to get to work. I love you." I said giving him a kiss.

"I love you too baby. Try to get home early tonight. I want to spend some time with my baby." He said sliding his hand down my back.

"I'll try."

During my shift, my cell phone rang and I saw that it was my dad. I was kind of an unexpected call because he only shows up on the kids' birthdays. "Hi dad." I said.

"Leah, are you busy right now?"

"I'm in the middle of a shift, but I have time right now."

"How soon can you get to Florida?"

"I don't know, why?"

"Your mother was murdered last night." I dropped my phone.

At home around midnight, Nathan was sitting up in bed watching a movie. "Hi baby." He said. I didn't say anything. I just climbed into his lap without taking my shoes off. I sobbed into his chest. He held me unsure of what was wrong, but wanting to comfort me. He rocked me back and forth rubbing my back. The house phone rang, he grabbed it. "Hello?" he said. "Yes, she's here." He froze. "Okay. I'll get things arranged. Thank you." He hung up and I just sobbed louder. I could hardly breathe. I know my mom and I sort of stopped getting along, but she was still my mom. Nathan held me tight pressing his face into my neck.

Morning came, I was packing for a trip to Florida. Nathan was getting the kids' things packed. I went downstairs and made some breakfast. Nathan came down with the kids. His hand lightly rubbed my back and squeezed my shoulder.

We arrived at Florida and much to my surprise, my mother was alive and kicking. Nathan's wolf was ultimately pissed. "Leah, look, I can explain." My dad said.

"What a sick joke." I said.

"SHE WAS UP ALL NIGHT CRYING!" Nathan growled and spoke loudly.

"She refuses to visit anymore."

"So you tell her you're dead?" Nathan said.

"Leah, I didn't make the call. I swear. I was at work. I was going to call later on to see if I could come visit. Your mother's boyfriend was here. I didn't know I was being cheated on until just this morning. Leah, I swear."

That night, at the hotel, the kids were sharing one bed and Nate and I were in the other. We were watching a movie on his laptop. I turned my head toward him. He looked at me. "Since we're here. I was thinking, maybe my dad could spend some time with the kids and we could have some time to ourselves since we had to waste a trip."

"What did you have in mind for just the two of us?" he asked.

"Well, it involves staying under these blankets."

"I like the sound of that already."

"And sleep." I said making him smirk.

"You mean, me putting you to sleep."

"No, legit sleep." I said smiling when I kissed him. "Nate."

"Yeah?"

"I want to have another baby."

"Are you sure?" he asked I nodded.

"We're only 3 months off from another year."

Two months later, Nathan was driving us to the pack vacation spot. It wasn't a very long drive so Sammy, Lindsey and I were sitting in the back of the pickup. Nathan was only going about 15 miles per hour because it was a dirt trail. The kids were already at the campsite with Linda and Calvin. "How are you three doing back there?" Nate asked.