Chapter 50

******Jump ahead

----Mindy

Preston was at work one day while I was home taking care of one month old Katrina Grace Christensen.  Preston and I welcomed her to our family 9 months after we got married.  Hunter was 7 years old and TJ was 3.  We waited almost two years to get married due to some relationship issues we had.  Hunter was playing with his best friend Naomi Matthews.  TJ was playing with his toy cars on the living room floor.  I was sitting in the recliner holding Katrina while she went to sleep.

Preston walked in about 20 minutes later, he was arguing with someone, I looked up from putting Katrina in her baby basket.  I saw Trent's brother Jerry.  "This is my house.  Get out."  Preston said.  Katrina woke up about ready to start crying.  I picked her back up and saw Jerry looking at me.  "Get out of here before I call the cops."  Jerry walked out glaring at me.  "I'm staying home for the next few days.  I don't trust him."

"Okay."  He took his coat off and went into the kitchen.  I took Katrina and put her in her crib in our room.  Preston was cutting some vegetables up to go with dinner.  "So... Is it safe?"

"Is what safe?"

"How mad is your wolf?"

"Not very.  Might be all better if you come here."

"I don't want to risk the anger of your wolf."

"Mindy, baby, I'm fine."  he said walking toward me his hands empty and his claws weren't drawn.  He slid his hands from my sides to my stomach.  "You are so tiny."  he said holding me from behind, kissing from behind my ear, down my neck, and along my shoulder.  He lifted me up and set me on the counter.  He went to kiss my lips.

"You still have to wait."  I said.  He smirked.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I have to wait for everything does it?"

"Maybe."  he gave me a soft kiss.

About 4 months later, Katrina was 5 months old and loved it outside.  Preston was changing the oil in my truck while I sat outside with the kids.  Hunter was playing with Naomi who was staying with us until after dinner.  TJ was playing in his jeep.  Preston always made sure the battery was charged because he just loved his jeep.  "Mama, look!"

"You're such a good driver."  I said.  TJ went down the slope in the yard and his jeep tipped over.  TJ started screaming.  "PRESTON!"  I got beside the jeep and tried to move it.  Preston was beside me instantly.  He moved the jeep effortlessly.  I held TJ as he cried.

"Let me look."  Preston said.  TJ went to Preston and Preston helped me up and checked TJ over.

That night, after dinner, the kids were staying the night with my parents.  Katrina had all of her things with her.  Things between me and Preston changed a lot when we got married and when Katrina was born.  It didn't seem like we were as close as we used to be.

I was sitting on the couch watching a movie when Preston came in after taking a shower.  He sat down beside me.  "What'cha watchin'?"  he asked.

"Taken 3."  I said sliding my feet over.

"Something wrong?"  he asked.  I shook my head.  "Okay..."  he said.  "Did I do something?"

"No, why?"

"You're kind of distant.  Last time that happened..."

"You've been busy working and when you're home you work.  I'm by myself most of the time."

"I'll stop working so much."  he said.

"We just don't talk anymore."

"I'm sorry."  he said.  "Do you want to talk now?"  he asked.

"Not really, can we watch the movie?"

"All right."  he said.

About an hour later, his hand slid over mine, I turned my hand over and he laced his fingers with mine.  He smiled as if he heard a thought in my head.  "I know what you're thinking about."

"What?"

"Pertaining to our first time."

"Right, you just want a replay."  I said.

"Maybe."  he said with a smile.  I stood up and went upstairs.  I could hear his footsteps behind me, he watched from the doorway of the bathroom while I got ready to take a shower.

"This wasn't an invite."  I said.

"Right."  he closed the door and turned on the water to the shower.  He grabbed me around the waist and lifted me into the shower fully clothed.  I squealed at the coldness of the water.  He gave me soft kiss and I wanted it to last.  I parted my lips sliding my arms around his neck.  He tugged the hair tie out of my hair and brushed his fingers through my hair.  He pressed me against the cold tile wall.  He