Chapter 33

---Miranda

Trent and I were officially engaged about 2 weeks after our last fight.

We were going to get married in a year and this was determined after we had been engaged for two months.  I was in the bathroom puking my guts out in one of the many bathrooms of the college.  I finished puking and rinsed my mouth out.  I grabbed out my phone and called Trent.  "Hey baby."  he said answering after the first ring.

"Hey, can you get a ride home with Jared?"

"Sure.  Something wrong?"

"I'm sick."

"I can come home with you."

"Don't worry about it.  I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes.  I love you."

"I love you too.  I'll be home around 4."

At the apartment, I was sitting on the couch waiting on the test.  My mom and dad were waiting for one of us to get home and they saw the bag from the pharmacy so I was busted.  They weren't mad at all.  I waited until I was in college and with the man of my dreams.  Trent walked in a little before 4.  "Honey I'm home."  he said walking into the living room.  His eyes went straight to the test.  "When's my funeral?"  he asked.

"We aren't mad.  Zach has 3 kids already and he's the same age as Mindy.  You two waited and now you're engaged.  By the time the little one gets here you'll be practically married."

"So it's a positive?"  I nodded.  He gave me a big hug.  "Let's go celebrate shall we?  Do you want to go out?"  Trent asked.

"Yeah.  I just need to change."

"You're fine."

"I'll be right back."  I went to change.

---Trent

I grabbed her jacket and went to check on her.  She was tying her shoes.  "I brought your jacket."

"Thank you."

"Are you happy?"

"Are you?"  she asked.

"Overly happy."

"You said you weren't ready..."

"We both have to be now.  We both knew it was a possibility when we started having sex.  Now it's the real deal.  I love you and everything is going to be just fine."  she hugged me.

Two weeks later, Miranda was home asleep.  She was now almost 2 months pregnant and her napping schedule was out of wack and so was her appetite.  I was sitting in class writing down notes for my paper that was due in a little over a week.  "Trenton, you're normally everywhere with Miranda, is she alright?" Professor Andrews said.

"She changed her schedule around."

"Only because she's pregnant."  Jared said.

"She's pregnant?"

"Yes and?  By the policy of the school, her condition should not affect her grade or her classes.  She talked with her adviser and she let her fix her classes."