Chapter 51

---Mindy

Preston did actually re-enlist, he had to move 4 hours away by the 20th of February, and even though he didn't want to, he had to leave us.  It was midnight and exactly 5 hours before Preston had to go.  I couldn't sleep and neither could he.  I was taking a shower.  I felt him behind me, he pressed his face into my neck.  I closed my eyes as he held me.  "I'm not gone yet."  he whispered.

"I know."

"Then why are you acting like it?"

"I'm not."  I said.  He turned me to him and I heard his shorts fall.  He kissed me long and hard.  He lifted me up.  I slid my arms around his neck.  He pressed his lips along my neck.

At 5 in the morning, Preston was holding me on the porch.  "I'll come back when I can, okay?  I won't know much until next week."

"Okay."  he gave me a long kiss.

"I got to go.  I love you."

"I love you too."  he let me go, grabbed his bag and got in his truck.

A month passed since Preston had to live on the base.  I arrived at the base and was let in.  Preston was talking to some guys.  He looked up and saw me as I was getting out of my truck.  A smile lit up his face.  He jogged over hugging me tight within his arms.  He lifted me off the ground kissing me.  I smiled pressing my forehead against his.  "I've missed you like crazy."  I said.

"I've missed you too."  he said.  "How are the kids?  How are you?"

"They're fine and I'm fine.  Even better now."  I said.  He set me on my feet.  He helped me in my truck and got in.  He drove to a lake.  It was quiet and secluded.  He held me close.

"You look great.  What's the occasion?"  he asked brushing his nose against mine.

"Are you saying I don't always look great?"

"You always look great."  he said with a smile.

"I brought a picnic basket.  Have you ate yet?"  I asked.

"Nope.  I was actually planning on driving home today to see you and the kids."

"You still can.  They miss their dad."

"After lunch and something else I had in mind."  I smiled sliding my hands to his neck.  He accepted my kiss.  "Let's do that in the reverse order."  I heard him unbuckle his belt.  I climbed into the backseat of the truck and he joined me.

He held me close, his breath heavy in my ear.  He pressed a soft kiss to my forehead and pulled away slightly.  "Why are you crying?"  he asked.

"Because as soon as we go home, you will just have to come back."

"I know."  he whispered.

"Preston I'm pregnant."  I said.

"That's the best news I've heard in a long time."

"I want you to be there."

"Then you and the kids can come live on the base too.  There's plenty of families on the base."

"I can't just leave my job."

"I know, but..."

"Can we just talk about it later?"  I asked.  He nodded slowly.  I hugged his neck.  He held me close.