Chapter 27

---Alyssa

Matt was showing me around his office building since I was starting my internship under my dad and was planning on working in Matt's office building afterwards.  He was leaning against his desk in his office and I was sitting in his fancy leather chair.  He slid his hand over my ankle and down the back of my leg lightly massaging my muscles through my dress slacks.

"So, what do you think?"

"Where would my office be?"

"You're sitting in it."  he said.

"Huh?"

"You'll be my assistant for the first year then you'll have your own office across the hall.  Where I can see under your skirt when you wear one."  I slapped his hand.  He laughed.  He held out his hand and I took it standing up.  He pulled me close to him and kissed along my neck and shoulder.  I saw his secretary Janelle through the window.  She huffed in irritation and walked away.  I smirked and pressed my face into his neck.

---Janelle

I checked my e-mail and saw one from Warren.  I clicked it.  "Where's the boy and his mother?"

"She's on her way home now."  I messaged back.

"Good, good.  I'll award you later."

She left with Mr. Lucas.  "Place any messages on my desk."  I nodded.  He returned his hand to his wife's.  They took the elevator.

About two hours later, Mr. Lucas returned irritated.  He sat in his office.  I took the opportunity and walked in.  "Sir?"

"What?"

"Everything alright?"

"Everything is fine."  I rubbed his shoulders through his jacket and he stood up.  "What're you doing?"

"Trying to help.  You're tense baby."

"I don't need your help and I'm not your baby."  he said.  "Get back to work or I will file for harassment."  I returned to my desk.

---Matt

I walked out to my car and my cell phone rang.  "Hello?"  I said pushing the button on my blue-tooth.

"MATTY!"  The phone went dead.  I called Nick.

"GET AS MUCH OF MY PACK TOGETHER RIGHT FUCKING NOW!  YOUR LUNA IS IN TROUBLE!"

I sped down the road and came across Warren's car.  I cut him off and Warren got out.  I slammed him into his car.  "WHERE IS SHE?"

"Nephew.  What brings you here so early?"

"WHERE IS MY WIFE?"

"I assure you, your wife and son will be just fine.  So will your unborn baby.  I just want my money."  I passed him off to my third in command Bruce and he stuffed him into the SUV.  Liam took the car.

At the pack house, I started my interrogation.  "Where is Alyssa?"  I asked again.  My wolf in control.  "Where is my son?"

"They're probably already dead."  he spat.  I broke every finger in his hands.

"Tell me or we will continue until I break the bone over your heart snapping it into your heart."

"Right now my Beta is fucking the baby out of your wife."  I slammed my fist into his stomach.  He spit out some blood.  He hit the floor in the chair.  The door opened.

"Daddy!"  I turned and saw my son with Nick.  I took him from Nick and held him close pressing my face into this light brown hair.  He smelled like Aly.

"Take Warren to the holding cells.  Dad, take Matty.  I'm going after my wife."  I handed him off and went to grab a bag.  I stuffed a blanket into the duffel and my jacket.  I also grabbed some clothes for me and Aly.

I gathered my trackers and we went looking for my wife.

A week had passed and many people were injured.  Alyssa was still missing.  I was at my office talking to my sister about seeing if her husband could show up with his pack.  I heard something.  "I'll call you back sis."

"Good luck little brother.  I'll see if Mike can show up.  Love you."

"Love you sis."  I hung up and went down the hallway.  I leaned against the wall as Janelle scurried around her office.

"Looking for this?"  I asked holding up her cell phone.

"Mr. Lucas."  she stumbled back.  Liam walked in behind me.  He held up a warrant.

"I have a warrant here to search your computer and laptop."

I held back my wolf as much as I could as it was confirmed that Janelle was working with Warren.  I walked out of the office and down to my car.  I heard running.  I turned and the impact knocked me onto the ground.  I looked up and Aly was in my arms.  She stumbled back.  "Aly..."  she saw it was me.  I covered her mouth with my hand pulling her beside me.  Gunshots rang out through the parking garage.

I opened the door to my car and helped her into the car and got in.  I closed the door and started my car.  "Stay down baby."  she did as I said and I backed out of the parking spot.  I drove into the asshole who was shooting and chasing my wife.  Liam tore him up and burned the remains.  I stopped in front of the penthouse and she kissed me long and hard.  I pulled her into my lap and leaned my forehead against hers.  "You need to eat for the baby."  She nodded closing her eyes.  "I'm so glad you're alive."

"Where's Matty?"  she asked her voice cracked with tears.

"Home baby.  Safe and sound."  I accepted her kiss and opened the car door.  I helped her out and got out.  I kept her close to my side as we went up to our penthouse.  I unlocked the door and held it open for her.  "I'm so very sorry for no being able to keep my promise.  I'm the worst husband in the entire world."

"Matt, you didn't know."

"I should have."  she hugged me close.  "Go shower and change.  I'll get you some food okay?"  she nodded giving me another kiss.  I let her go.

She walked in wearing sweatpants and one of my t-shirts.  I set a plate of some fruit, chicken, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn on the table.  I dished up some for myself.

"Delivery has its perks."  I said.  She smiled.  I pulled her into my lap and held her while she ate.