Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The Past: I Made Him Laugh

"I know you."

I tried my hardest to stifle a grin upon hearing what he just said. Kilala daw niya ako and it only meant two things- I already got his interest and my evil plan is now in progress.

"How did you know my name?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

He frowned and gave me a quick glance bago niya ibanalik ang atensyon niya sa pagkain na nasa harapan niya. "You told me," he said in his usual deadpan voice.

This time, hindi ko na nalabanan pa ang pagngisi ko. Oh you are such a liar... "Did I? I don't remember me telling you my name."

"Of course, you would not remember. You were so wasted and smashed last night, weren't you?"

I gasped in surprise. "Are you telling me that I drunk talked?"

He just snorted and that was enough to make me realize that I really did drunk talk. I closed my eyes and for the second time, I tried to dig in to my memory, but to no avail. I remembered nothing. Ang huli ko lang talaga na naaalala ay ang lap dance.

Panic instantly rose. What the hell did I tell him? Baka nasabi ko sa kanya ang mga balak ko. Ugh! I need to know!

"Ano ang mga sinabi ko sayo? When did I start talking?" I asked, my voice was demanding. "Tell me!"

"When we got inside my car, you started talking nonsense and up until you were tucked in the bed you wouldn't just stop."

"And?"

"And what?" He asked. His voice was laced with boredom.

"Ano nga ang mga sinabi ko sa'yo?"

"Things with no sense."

I narrowed my eyes and I gritted my teeth. Right now, I'm having a very strong urge to strangle his neck and choke him to death but I fought against the idea. That would be too easy for him if I kill him now.

"Kahit pa walang kwenta ang mga sinabi ko ay gusto kong malaman!"

He glanced at me again with a frown. I noticed the slight impatience and annoyance in his eyes.

"Quit asking and start eating
You have work to do," he said dismissively.

Ugh! "No!"

Before I could stop myself or could even think about it, I grabbed the sleeve of his t-shirt.

"Let go..." he quietly said. His voice was filled with warning.

Hindi ko alam kung saan nanggaling ang lakas ng loob ko para umiling. Even though he was giving a deadly glare ay hindi ako bumitiw sa manggas niya. Maybe the desparation somehow made me brave.

"No. Not until you start talking."

He tried to shove my hands on his sleeve but I did not release him. I grabbed him tighter using both of my hands.

"Bibitawan lang kita kapag sinagot mo ang mga tanong ko."

His face darkened and his jaw clenched. "Don't test my patience, lady. You don't know what I am capable of doing."

And as if on cue ay bigla kong naalala ang mga sinabi ni Laura tungkol kay Luke. He's a brawler. He likes to inflict pain on his enemy and right now I am his enemy. Agad ko siyang nabitawan. My braveness was only short-lived.

"Uh.... Please don't punch me," I blurted out.

Lalong nagdilim ang mukha niya at matagal niya akong tinitigan. "What made you think that I will hurt you?" He seethe.