Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The Past: One Rainy Afternoon

Oh my God, what the hell is happening to me?

It seemed like my world stopped turning the exact moment I laid my eyes on the man who was standing under the rain. Everything turned black and white and the only sound that I could hear was the shimmering melody of raindrops falling on the trees, the concrete , on my body and his.

I froze on my track, my heart erratically thumped inside my chest. It was beating way more faster than it should and I was stupefied. Hindi pa nangyayari nangyayari na bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko dahil sa isang lalaki. Hindi sa mga dati kong boyfriend at hindi rin kay Gio. I always had a good hold of my emotion. At mas lalong hindi pa nangyari na natulala ako. Unang beses akong nagkaganito at sa harapan pa estranghero na naliligo sa ilalim ng ulan.

I wanted to look away but I could not. It felt like I was attrracted to him in a powerful and mysterious way... like I was being hypnotized.

I was hypnotized by this sight before me. A beautiful being, drunk by his own solitude, feeling every drop of water falling on his skin.

Looking up in the dark sky yet his eyes were close. His chest was moving smoothly, sign that he was calmly breathing. I suddenly wondered what he was thinking, what he was feeling.

I then unknowingly took one step forward towards him. And another step and another until I was only a few feet away from him. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ko ginawa iyon but my subconscious reasoned that I really was under some kind of hypnosis.

Muli kong pinagsawa ang mata ko sa kanya pero marahil ay naramdaman niya ang presensiya ko. He slowly opened his eyes and turned at my direction and for the second time around, I was stupefied. Everything was still black and white but his eyes.

The colour of his eyes were... different. Kulay kahel at ginto.

Amber.

His eyes were amber.

They somehow reminded me of the sunset, full of wonders. But they also reminded me of the eyes of a wolf. Majestic yet dangerous.

"Who are you?" He asked. His voice was low and deep, sapat lang para umabot sa aking pandinig.

Hindi ko mahanap ang boses ko para sagutin ang tanong niya. I was rendered speechless, another first.

"Who are you," he asked again. This time he voice was mean and cold. Kasing lamig ng ulan na patuloy pa rin sa pagpatak.

I swallowed and closed my eyes, trying to call myself down but I think that it was a wrong move dahil pagbukas ng mga mata ko ay nakatayo na siya sa harap ko. The few feet of distance between us was gone. He was now just inches away from me.

Kaya imbes na kumalma ako ay lalong bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko.

"I-i w-was... I- am..." Atlast, I found my voice but my mind failed to form a coherent sentence. I felt lost and stupid kaya wala sa loob na nakagat ko ang labi ko.

D*mn it! Get hold of yourself Blaire!

My subconcious scolded me. I close my eyes again, trying to gain my sanity back.

Pero narealize ko na hindi ko dapat ipinipikit ang mata ko kapag nasa harap ng lalaki na ito because he could move fast. Wala pa yatang dalawang segundo na nakapikit ako ay naramdaman ko ang labi niya sa aking tenga.

"Are you trying to seduce me, miss?" He whispered. Bawat bigkas niya ng salita ay nararamdaman ko ang galaw ng labi niya. It felt like a butterfly caress.