Chapter 16

Clearlight's P.O.V:

Clearlight growled. He was still thinking about that ugly cat. He didn't know if it was the right choice to chase that kittypet off, he could have been a help to the clan if he joined. No Clearlight heard a tiny voice inside his head say He will be bullied, you can't let that happen.

"Excuse me?" Clearlight looked up to see his mate in front of him. "Can I get past?" She waited impatiently for Clearlight to move out the way.

"Sorry..." he muttered. "I was lost in thought... This strange hairless kittypet confronted me and said he wanted to join the clan, I chased him off." He held his head high and gazed at Skyheart.

Skyheart lowered her head and murmured something to herself.

"What?"

She stiffened and shook her head "just just..."

Clearlight narrowed his eyes and stomped off, back to camp.

______________________

Skyheart's P.O.V:

Clearlight could be very annoying. Skyheart growled as she followed the scent trail of a squirrel. It was in its burrow. She peered in and saw three babies and an adult. She quickly killed them all and sat under a tree scoffing down her catch.

She didn't want to catch prey for her clan. She was frustrated and confused. Skyheart finished her squirrels and padded to the fox border to calm her thoughts and take her mind off the prophecy for a bit. She hoped Roundclaw was doing okay with Fluffypaw. Maybe he told her his power to test her skills. To test her loyalty to the clan.

Skyheart stopped at the border between her clan and foxes. A huge group of foxes lived in the territory in front of Skyheart and she felt her neck hairs tingle with doubt.

She had to do this! She had to find that kittypet.

Skyheart padded over the border cautiously and spotted the hairless cat, two other cats and three foxes in the distance. She crept up on them and stopped behind a gorse bush in the empty moorland. She could hear the cats now. The hairless tom said "That clan cat, Clearlight chased me away at my time in need! I will destroy Lightclan"

The three foxes nodded as the other cat spoke. Skyheart realised that the two cats were Monsterclaw and her mate. Monsterclaw meowed "I will help you, Ice."

"I'll destroy my weak former clanmates from Magiclan with the help of the foxes!" growled the other cat, Monsterclaw's mate.

"Yes, my dear cat friend, Ghostkiller. We will kill every cat in our way. With the help of Tigerstar, we will win!" barked a fox.

Skyheart backed away in shock and sprinted to the Lightclan border. She had to get away and tell Jumpingstar!

________________________

Waterfly's P.O.V:

"Calm down, Fluffypaw!" Waterfly heard Roundclaw meow from outside the medicine den.

"But I HATE the elders!" Fluffypaw whined "They never say thank you!"

Waterfly heard Roundclaw and a couple of other cats gasp. "Fluffypaw, why don't you go look for Skyheart?" She tried to comfort Fluffypaw as Waterfly padded out the medicine den.

"Fine!" snapped Fluffypaw

_____________________

Skyheart's P.O.V:

"Ow!" Skyheart ran into a cat and she saw Fluffypaw growling at her. Her apprentice's claws were unsheathed and his teeth were bared. "Fluffypaw!"

Fluffypaw suddenly realised he was in front of his mentor and stopped growling. "I was looking for you."

They were right next to the Lightclan camp entrance. "Come on." Skyheart shoved Fluffypaw out of the way. She had to tell Jumpingstar her news!

____________________________