Chapter 23~ The Unquiet Dead

Hello guys!
Today at school we had to write an essay in class. I started writing while the teacher was saying something. Suddenly she said 'Dickens', and when she did my head shot up and I was like 'What?!'. 'Dickens. Did you ever heard about 'the christmas carol'...' a boy of my class told me.

I looked at him and was like 'YES! I KNOW WHO DICKENS IS!'. Meanwhile my fangirl friend was laughing her ass out cause she knew that I was writing a chapter of Doctor Who on him. *Mind blow*

~~~~

Melody's pov:

[Tardis]

The TARDIS was acting rather jerky: the hole place was shaking and an alarm was going on.

«Hold that one down!» The Doctor shouted to Rose, the two of them standing at two different sides of the console.

«I'm holding this one down!» She shouted back.

«Well, hold them both down!»

«It's not going to work!» Rose tried to hold on for dear life.

«Oi! I promised you a time machine and that's what you're getting. Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. Melody, what D'you think?» he asked looking over at me.

Although the whole place shaking, I was sitting perfectly still on the jump seat, a leg crossed over the other and reading a book on quantum physics.

«How can she do that?» Rose asked the Doctor, breathing heavily while holding on the railings.

Even though I couldn't see them from behind the book, I could feel he slightly glared at me while Rose watched me in admiration. I smirked, self fondly.

«She seems to be in the TARDIS's sympathy list.» The Doctor said sarcastically, pressing some buttons and pulling levers on the console.

«Yeah, but how did she manage to end there?» Rose asked.

I bet the Doctor shrugged. With that I closed my book, dropping it in my lap.

I looked forward knowing for sure which gaze I was going to catch.
«1860.» I told the Doctor.

He turned to look at Rose «How does 1860 sound?»

«What happened in 1860?» she asked back.

«I don't know. Neither does he. Tell you what, let's find out.» I told her, looking back at the Doctor.

He grinned widely. «Hold on, here we go!» He shouted then pulled a lever.

The TARDIS suddenly shook violently, sending the Doctor and Rose on the floor. Not me. I sat on the jump seat completely unharmed, not moving an inch, instead watching them amused.

The console was steaming and both the Doctor and Rose were lying on the floor. The Doctor laughing, which caused me to giggle like a little girl.

They got up.

«Blimey!» Rose said, panting a bit.