Part Twenty

Rangiku

What's going on? Why are both Captain Kuchiki and Captain Unohana here?

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I felt the reiatsus of the shinigami I assigned to watch your room disappear. And I swear, for a moment I felt a foreign reiatsu and yours together.." Captain Unohana said.

"Captain Kuchiki? Why are you here?" I asked, confused.

"I came to ask you a few questions about the hollow." He simply said.

My eyes widened. "Were you the person who just came in here and spoke to me?"

Byakuya narrowed his eyes. "No."

"Someone was here. Although I don't feel even a speck if its reiatsu anymore, someone was here with you, Rangiku." Captain Unohana said.

"What did this thing say to you?" Captain Kuchiki stepped forward and questioned me.

I shook my head. "I don't know. I tried to remember, but I just can't picture it.."

"What must have gotten to her must have gotten to your shinigami too, Captain Unohana." Byakuya spoke to her.

"It seemed to have wiped out Rangiku's memory, along with the existence of the two shinigami."

"Rangiku." Byakuya stopped in front of me, looking down at me.

"Yes, Captain?"

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"Captain Unohana had just left the room.."

"That was ten minutes ago." She added.

"I'm going to report this to the Head Captain." Byakuya turned around and approached the exit.

"Byakuya." Captain Unohana stopped him.

"What are you trying to accomplish?" She blocked his view. I couldn't see it since Byakuya's back was blocking Captain Unohana, but I could tell she was giving him her scary smile.

"Three shinigami of Squad 6 have been reported missing today. Along with one more in Squad 10."

Squad 10?

"They disappeared without leaving a single trace of their reiatsu. Similar to what just happened to your shinigami recently.

I have yet to know what is truly going on. But this is proof enough that we have a traitor among us." And with those final words, Byakuya disappeared from my sight.

"Captain Unohana?" I called her name softly. She was looking into the direction where Byakuya had disappeared, before she broke out into a smile.

"Boy. For a new Captain, he sure is interesting. Just like his grandfather." She said. And then she turned her attention to me, approaching me before stopping a few feet away.

"I'm sorry. But you probably won't like what I have to say." She said, frowning.

"What is it?" I asked, kind of freaked out now.

"Since I lack the proper.. technology to do it, I have no choice but to call Captain Kurotsuchi down to discover how you lost your memory."

My eyes widened to the point where I felt them begin to tear up.

"C-captain Kurotsuchi?"