Part Twenty Five

Isshin Shiba

Rangiku had been acting strangely for the past five weeks. Five weeks exact since the hollow incident she experienced in the West Rukongai.

I had been receiving the feeling that she wasn't telling me the entire truth. I tried to confront her about it multiple times, but every time she told me she was just traumatized since she almost died.

And what made the fact worse was that she told me it was the same hollow that tried to kill her months before.

I understood and chose to kept my mouth shut. But something was still off about her.

But she hid it. She adopted my habits. She started to become more bubbly, and less serious. She even used her boobs, those wonderful melons of hers, to get what she wanted.

But she also became more strict on the paperwork. Because we were both too lazy to do our paperwork, she had to constantly chase me down.

And Rangiku also started drinking. Which was strange, since she never drank. At all.

On occasion I would spot her sneaking out with sake in her arms. I followed her one time, only to see that she was making her way to Squad 8, to have a drinking party with Shunsui Kyōraku.

The strange behavior in the Rukongai seemed to calm down also. So I had no where to go and nothing to do, but be chased down by Rangiku.

On her good days, she would go teach my classes for me. She was a goddess, flawless in the way she taught. Everyone saw her as a goddess.

But they didn't know she's actually the spawn of Satan.

When I tried to help her with her zanpakuto, and kidō, she cooperated at first. And then the second I told her of a mistake she made, she would scream at me. Geez, she's scary.

So here I was, hiding behind a bush, watching her practice kidō.

She was using a squad member as a took who kept staring at her assets. I rolled my eyes.

"You! Stay still!" Rangiku said in her fake sweet voice.

"Y-yes, Lieutenant!"

I watched as Rangiku took a deep breath. She put her hands on front of her, arms straight and locked.

Good stance, Rangiku.

My eyes widened when she aimed her kidō at me.

"Hadō 58, Tenran!" I dodged the tornado blast, giving away my hiding place. Rangiku glared down at me as I smiled up at her sweetly.

"Captain, what do you think you are doing?!"

I smiled up at her furious expression.

"Watching over my flawless and frightening Lieutenant, of course." I said.

Rangiku rolled her eyes.

"Go spy on someone else, you creep." Rangiku turned around, turning her attention back to the poor frightened shinigami.

"I have a job for you. If you're interested."

"I'm not going on one of your stupid errands for you."

I sighed.